fourteen [⭐️] dark magic can heal

Marinette's POV

"Marinette, stay back!" Adrien shouts, holding his arms out in front of me with a glare on his face. "Alya, or I guess, Dark Aura, is dangerous!"

I roll my eyes and place my hands on my hips, leaning up to his ear. "Thanks bug-brain, but I don't need a knight in shiny armor."

He whips his head back and glares at me, but there's fear in his eyes. "Please, my lady. Listen to me. I almost lost you once, and I don't want to have to lose you again."

"Aw, tom cat has come to save his love bug," Dark Aura teases, with a cackle.

"I actually the cat now," I snap, stomping my foot on the ground, "And I am not his love bug!"

Adrien winks. "We'll come back to that later."

Dark Aura stares at us with a smirk, with evil resting in her eyes.

"Even if there is a next time, I don't think she'll be able to remember~" she taunts mysteriously, holding her phone up and pointing it straight at me. Her finger hovers over the picture button.

I panic. I quickly dart my eyes across my room, and my eyes rest on Adrien's umbrella that he gave me that one day after school. I jump out and snatch the umbrella, whipping it open in a protective stance right in front of Adrien just as the phone flashes from taking a picture.

"Idiots. Why haven't you transformed into Mister Bug and Lady Noir yet?" She scowls, clutching her phone tightly.

"Why are you doing this?!" I shout, still holding my stance with one arm over Adrien and the other pointing the umbrella straight at Dark Aura.

She cackles. "I just need proof. If you would just tell me, I would stop. I wouldn't hurt you. I wouldn't hurt your friends or family. I wouldn't hurt Paris."

"So, if I told you that I was Lady Noir, what would you do with the information?" I shout, sounding courageous but feeling terrified on the inside.

Dark Aura smiles. "Post your identity on my Ladyblog. I would be the biggest reporter in all of Paris."

"She's been corrupted by Hawkmoth's magic," Adrien tells me in a cold voice. "The real Alya would never do that."

I continue to talk to him over my shoulder. "Run. Go and transform, out of her sight. I know she already knows, but if you transformed here, you would be giving her what she wants!"

Adrien scoffs. "No way am I leaving you here!"

"Adrien, just go!"

"No!"

"Adrien, I swear! You make my so frustrated some times! Just-"

"-my lady!" he interrupts, pointing at my arm.

I look down and notice the black roots from the dark magic growing from my ring. The longest line reaches to the top of my shoulder. My whole hand is now black, and my arm is covered with the painful dark magic.

"It doesn't grow when you use your miraculous magic, it grows when you experience negative emotions!" He notices.

I smile. "You're right! You-"

"DUCK!"

Adrien grabs my hand and pulls me down towards the ground, on top of him. I collapse against his chest, barely dodging Dark Aura's attack. Adrien saved me.

I don't get how some people can say that I'm the leader of the team, or the "main character". He's just as important as I am.

"Stay still, and I can get a clear picture!" Dark Aura cackles, holding her phone up with the camera pointed towards us.