[Epilogue]

Adrien's POV

"Well, look at the two love birds!" Alya teases.

Marinette and I walk up arm-and-arm up the front school's steps to greet Nino and Alya, with our shoulders brushing and our cheeks pink. She's still slightly weak, but other than that, she insisted that she was in perfect shape to go to school the next day.

I, being her boyfriend and all, told her she didn't have to go. I mean, she just saved the city. But she begged me, and eventually, I caved.

"Sooooo," Alya smirks. "I checked Snap Map last night on Snapchat and saw Adrien at Marinette's place. Care to explain? Did anything freaky go on? Did Marinette tell you about-"

"-NOTHING WENT ON, ALYA!" Marinette squeaks, glaring playfully at her best friend.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! You did just save Paris and everyone in it, after all. It's only logical that Adrien would want to spend the night with you to make sure you're okay," Alya giggles. "Chat Noir is a gentle men, after all."

"And by the way-" Nino jumps in, "-you could have told me, dude! I mean, come on!"

I awkwardly rub the back of my neck and smile. "I would if I could, but knowing pigtails here, if I told anyone my identity she would have had my head."

"Hey!" Marinette snaps. "You can't assume things, even though they actually might be true!"

"Ugh, not to mention how embarrassed I am. I was running a blog for my friend the whole time! I don't know how you kept a straight face, Marinette," Alya admits.

Marinette smiles. "The trick is to never have a straight face, and nobody will suspect a thing."

"True," Nino agrees. "You never could seem to have a conversation with Adrien without having a seizure."

"How come you never noticed?" Marinette asks, turning towards me and pointing at my chest. "Are you blind or something, Mister Agreste?"

I shrug. "I don't know, Mrs. Agreste."

Marinette freezes, and a her lip quivers when she looks at me. Her face is bright red. I give her a confused look, but only then is when I realized what I said. I instantly start to frantically apologize.

"No no no!" Marinette squeaks. "You're okay! You're okay! I-I just... it was out of the blue! T-That's all!"

I bite my lip. "You sure? Cause like-"

"-don't worry about it!" she quickly spits out.

We stare at each other, still with red cheeks and wide eyes.

"Oh, dear god," Alya cringes, placing her hand on her forehead.

"Just kiss already!" Nino groans.

I laugh and look back at Marinette. "May I?"

She giggles. "Yes, you may."

She stands on the tops of her toes and places her hands on my chest, and I place my hands on the back of her head, and our lips meet.

"I want to put them on a boat," Nino mutters after a second or two, still looking at us but talking to Alya.

Alya coughs and then looks at her boyfriend. "What?!"

He smiles like he knows what he's talking about. "You know, they're cute together. They should be on a boat."

Alya gives him the strangest look. "You mean you ship them?!"

Marinette pulls away and smiles at Nino. "It's called shipping, Nino."

I roll my eyes.  "See dude, this is why you need an Instagram. You have so much to learn."

"Yeah, yeah..." Nino groans.

Alya laughs. She grabs her boyfriend's arm and they start to walk up the school steps together, heading to class. I look at Marinette and she smiles sweetly.

"Shall we?" I ask, holding my hand out to her.

She giggles. "We shall!"

She grabs my hand and our fingers lace together, mimicking how we held our hands when we were trapped at the final battle.

"I love you, my kitty," she whispers, looking up at me with bright eyes.

I tilt my head an smile back.

"I love you too, my lady."

- End -

Q&A

@YouJustGotVectored:
Q - "How are they in the future? Is there a new Hawkmoth? Did they get rid of their miraculouses? Does Nino know?"
A - Well, as of this chapter, they are officially dating! And luckily to them, there is no new Hawkmoth because they returned the butterfly miraculous to the miracle box. They didn't get rid of their miraculouses, Tikki and Plagg accompanied them growing up and helped out with the kids, and eventually, Adrien and Marinette found new apprentices to train incase another battle comes.

@syltherinvictoria:
Q - "Did Chloe know that Adrien was 'dying' when she was an akuma? Like did she even care?"
A - My headcannon is that the when someone is akumatized, their head goes into a fog. Think about dreaming. It may be the weirdest dream ever, but to you, it makes sense. So, to her, it made sense that Adrien was dying. She didn't think it was real. She thought it was a dream.

@MasterRWB:
Q - "How does Adrien live now without his father?"
A - Well, for a month or so he stayed at Marinette's place, working hard at the bakery all summer long, and eventually, saved up enough money to buy his own place. It was hard and the apartment was awful. The apartment was nearby the bakery, so Marinette's parents let her live there with Adrien.

@DPanda17:
Q - "Who's in charge of the Agreste Company now? Is it Nathalie?"
A - No, actually. Nathalie was found guilty in helping Agreste with his evil schemes, and became an accessory after the fact. She was taken away too, but not that long. The Agreste company collapsed.

@1heartgirl200_:
Q - "New Hawkmoth? When did they get married? did Adrien move in with Mari? Does everyone know their identities now?"
A - No new Hawkmoth, thank god. After Adrien and Marinette got their own place, Adrien proposed under the Eiffel tower in their second year of college. Mostly everyone knows their identities now. After all, the best kept secrets are the ones you never share.

@BlindyBirdy:
Q - "What happened to Adrien;s mother? Is she still at the bottom of Hawkmoth's layer...?"
A - Oooh, I haven't thought of that. I'll let the reader decided on that one. Comment your theories! Did the police find her? Do they even know about his secret layer?

Thanks for all your questions, but most importantly, thank you for reading! You guys make this so so fun for me to write and it always makes my day! So thank you! Thank you so so so much!!

I don't know what book I'm going to write next. Don't get too attached to the next book I make, because I have a habit of deleting them after the first chapter (rip haters and next gen) so give me good ideas! Should i focus on another ship? Should I make a heartbreaking book? i would love to hear your input~!

Once more, thank you guys so much. you mean the world to me. Thank you!

[[ Follow Me on instagram for amazing miraculous art - @chats_lady! ]]

Kwami Swap
Views - 12k
Stars - 1k
Comments - 2k

Finished July 3, 2020