twelve [⭐️] marinette, it's me

Chapter Idea Credits: @MNcun1, @babypinkloveww, & @justanakuma

I have slightly changed the opening chapter to make it fit with the story. Go re-read it if necessary!

Hawkmoth's POV

I don't understand. I sent an akuma after that girl. She should have been akumatized. She should have fallen under my control. I should have finally obtained the cat miraculous.

I could have won.

Who stopped me?

I glare inside my dark lair. Everything was going so smoothly. The dark magic was trapped in their miraculouses when they were under the influence by Reflekta. It's feeding on their fear, which is the only reason it is still growing.

The childish superheroes think that the dark energy grows only when they transform or use their powers. Fools. The dark energy grows whenever they feel powerful negative emotions. The dark magic simply just hurts them when they use the miraculous, nothing more.

The evil magic doesn't grow from them using the miraculous, the magic grows because their pain is a powerful negative emotion.

They're slowly turning into walking corpses.

I scowl and detransform, watching Nooroo shoot out of my butterfly pin and fall into my hands.

"Master, do you have any food?" The pathetic kwami asks me.

"Quiet Nooroo!" I shout, stepping onto my platform and taking me back to my mansion. "I failed. I failed again."

"Master, you shouldn't use the miraculous for evil. No matter what wish you want to grant, there's always a draw back! It's the balance of the universe!" Nooroo replies, ignoring me.

I whip my head around and glare at the tiny purple kwami.

"You think I don't know that? I'm willing to pay any price to bring her back!"

Nooroo looks at me sadly. "Even if it's your son, Adrien?"

I frown, and turn away. "If my own son is working against me as Mister Bug, then as far as I'm concerned, he's a traitor."

"But Master-"

"-If he's the price I must pay," I interrupt, lightly glazing the tips of my fingers on the portrait of my late wife.

"...so be it."

Marinette's POV

Marinette's POV

"M-Mister Bug... you knew about me?" I stutter.

I slide my back down my wall, and sit with my knees to my chest. He crouches down next to me, then sits beside me with his back to the wall too. The afternoon sun beams through my window and rests on my skin. He places his hand on my knee, and lets me breathe.