sixteen [⭐️] daddy issues

[will delete later] Hi! I realize that the past chapter was slightly confusing, so I added some details to make it not. But so you don't have to go back and read it, I'll summarize it here.

Marinette was taken home by Mister Bug after the akuma battle, which is why she woke up in her bed. Mister Bug didn't tell her what she said when she forgot her memories. (she told him she loved him) Marinette noticed that Mister Bug was extremely quiet, but couldn't figure out why.

Alya is still very mad at Marinette, but couldn't stand seeing her friend in trouble, so she gave her some advise. There will be more on that in this chapter.

Adrien is completely destroyed knowing that Hawkmoth is his father. He connected the dots with the dome on his house and realized that must be where Hawkmoth's, or his father's, evil lair is. He's emotionless because he doesn't know who to trust anymore, and is accidentally taking out all of his pain on his friends, including Marinette.

Adrien's POV

That dome we were talking about? I saw an akuma flying out of it. That just further proves my theory that the dome is the evil lair for Hawkmoth, my very own father.

How sickening. He's absolutely horrible. How can someone go around, preying on other's weaknesses? What does he even want from this?

Tikki pops up in my jacket. "Adrien, you need to stay calm! We can't risk you-"

"-getting akumatized," I finish. "Yeah, I know."

And just for that reason, I've tried my hardest to ignore my feelings. I won't cry. I won't break down. I won't do anything that involves me risking deep emotional feelings, because I know that Hawkmoth could easily prey on them.

That includes telling Marinette that my father is Hawkmoth. I won't tell her anything, because I know that if I do, I'll break down in violent tears.

I left her at the park, alone and confused. I could have told her that I saw an akuma, but I don't want to drag her into this. I can handle the akuma on my own, and then I'll beat Hawkmoth. I'll take the butterfly miraculous away from my father and return it to its rightful place, where no one can use its powers for evil.

Sure, I'm still confused about Lady Noir saying she loved me last night, but that's not what I'm worrying about. It's my father who I can't stop thinking about.

"Adrien!" I hear Marinette call out, running towards me.

I ignore her, feeling the tears in my eyes. I know that if I even say her name, I'll collapse in tears and risk getting akumatized. So I don't.

"Please, just leave me alone," I mutter.

I hear her footsteps in the grass stop.

"Adrien, I know you don't want to tell me, and I've already asked you this question a lot," she whispers, "but what happened at the akuma battle?"

I feel the dark magic grow even more as I think about my father.

"Nothing."

I continue my walk towards where the akuma is going, keeping my head down and praying that Marinette will be okay with me dodging her questions for a while. I can't tell her anything. I can't tell her that she told me she loved me. I can't tell her that I've almost broke down too many times to count today.

And most importantly, I can't tell her that I discovered my father is Hawkmoth.