Prologue

Matt's POV

"Aw" I groaned in pain trying to move my head but everything hurts. I stuck my head up wanting to see how much damage was done, I lifted my shirt to see the bruises on my stomach, but all I see is blood and my head hurts so much to stay up. I groaned while putting it back down, not having much to execute right now but to wait for my inner spiritual powers to heal me, my brother's friends really did a number on me today.

Logan hates me for nothing really, all those rumors about him not being good enough were hit up by Clay. Clay is just a lying, manipulative person who went inside the heads of all my family members except dad, he's hated me even before. Clay acts so innocent that when he tells a lie about me doing something he is believed instantly and I get punished. Every time I get punished, he smiles at me attempting to show me he won, but I can never win with him.

He is so loved to the point that everything that leaves his lips is right, I have tried so many times to defend myself, but it was always in vain and ever since that incident four years ago, everything became so bad for me.

It all started on Clay's birthday party. He was making 8years old, his party was so big and all pack members were invited. Everything was going well until one Elder of the pack came to me saying ' I could make a good Alpha more than Clay' and when he said this Clay was only a few feet away listening. I didn't reply, I just made my way to the bathroom, hoping Clay would just ignore what he said. I was almost done with washing my hands when Clay entered the room and I just ignored him because he never liked me and he showed it all the time.

I finished washing my hands, dried them, then made my way to the door, but Clay stopped me by putting a hand on my chest. I looked at him waiting for him to say something, but he never did so I asked.

"Hey, are you okay?" He didn't answer "do you need anything-" I didn't even get to finish my question when he pushed me so hard I hit my head to the ground. The pain was too much and abrupt that I lost my vision for a second and when I retained it, I saw Clay still standing by the door folding his arms over his chest with a big smile on his face as if he didn't just push me. "Hey, what did you do that for?" I yelled, getting up with one hand on my head and the other hand holding the sink.

"I did that wanting to show you am stronger and better than you" he said making me wonder, why he had to push me to make a point

"You are the next Alpha in line, of course you're supposed to be stronger and better than me" I told him trying to make him regain confidence in himself "if what that Elder said made you doubt yourself, you don't have to I could never be better Alpha than you"

"You will never be the better Alpha than me because I will make sure you will never be an Alpha and am not doubting myself, am just wondering why they would compare me to you" he said with a disgusted face. Okay, I know he hates me, but where did the insulting come from, am not the one that said it.

"Can I go back to the party now?" I asked, wanting to leave this conversation now, before it got bad. Clay is very good with twisting words

"So now you have started believing you're better than me, you don't even want to talk to me" see, I told you he will start twisting my words and he is now putting words in my mouth. I need to leave because whatever he says or do, it will definitely end up being bad for me. "You think am not good enough to be your Alpha right?" He asked.

"Clay I know what he said upset you, but I don't think the same way, I think you will be an amazing Alpha one day," I said, thinking that it would calm him down, but I think it only made him more furious because his face is all red from anger and his eyes are glowing golden yellow from him being an Alpha.