chapter 17

Matt's POV

"Okay we missed each other what happened?" I heard Esther ask and we broke our kiss looking at her, she looks tired and kind of relieved. Asher looked back at her giving her the eye "what? We have to know, he scared us all" I looked around at them and the guy might be Peter.

He smells like human, I will ask later. I told them how everything went and then us being attacked by werewolves and vampires, what I found in the files I read. I was kind of hesitate to tell them but if Asher brought them here, it means he trusts them.

"What deal did he make with vampires?" Asher asked and I looked back at him, taking him all in. His eyes and skin are red probably from crying, I really scared him, I should be more careful next time. I hate seeing him sad, it breaks my heart knowing am the cause, makes it even worse.

"I don't know but it was a few months before Alpha Derrick's death and he made another a year ago." I told them all I know and this half information is giving me a headache "before I killed the vampire that scratched me he said 'i can never win' I don't even know what that is" I said clearing my throat, it is annoying when people make words but you don't understand them.

"Let me get you some water" Asher said and I sat myself up still looking at the guy "by the way that is Peter, Peter that is Matt" we shook hands but I still need to know if he is human "don't ask yes he is human" Asher cut me off as I was about to open my mouth.

He handed me the glass of water while sitting besides me "wait I used to know Alpha Derrick" Esther said and I looked at her in disbelief "you don't remember how that guy used to piss off Albert"

"Yeah but I didn't know his name, how did he piss him off?" Asher asked

"Don't you remember the rumours that went around and people said he was stronger than Albert" Esther said making Asher nod no "why don't you listen to what goes on around you" she said smiling and  Asher threw her a pillow.

"Are you talking about Albert Roy?" I asked

"Yeah" Esther replied.

"That was the name in the file, it said that Alpha Clayton made a deal with Albert Roy three months before alpha Derrick's death and then a year ago"

"They were probably planning Alpha Derrick's murder but why would they make a deal one year ago?" Esther asked, I like her. She is as brilliant as Theo. They both first think things through.

"I was about to read that part but then we got attacked"

"Okay, I will try and ask around and see if I can find out more about him" Esther said and I nodded my head yes

"But maybe I should first go back and finish reading the remaining files" I said and Esther nodded her head yes.

"No, your not going back" Asher shouted and I was taken back "you almost died and all your thinking about is going back, let Esther get you the information you are looking for"

"Asher, I think he has to first go back" Peter said making me thank him "there's valuable information there" Asher shook his head not accepting it.

"What if there are others waiting for you" he argued and I took his hand in mine squeezing it gently.

"This time I will be prepared" I kissed his temple "I will be fine don't worry"

"Don't worry?" He scoffed "I wasn't worried before but now I am because just a few minutes ago you almost died" he yelled looking away from me and he mumbled "apparently you're not careful enough to take care of yourself that you need a babysitter" if it wasn't for my werewolf hearing I wouldn't have heard him. Me and Esther burst out laughing and his face turned more red while Peter just looked at us confused.