chapter 12

Matt's POV

Good morning I texted Asher and he replied with the same how was your night?

Good and you

Good I will call you later, I need to go back to the pack he sent an okay and I put my phone back into my back pocket before getting onto my motorbike and driving off until I reached the pack lands, driving through until I parked at the alpha house and made my way inside "he said that he pushed him off the stairs, but we both saw what happened that night" some one said and I think it's Logan's voice.

"Am starting to doubt everything he has ever said to me" that is definitely Derrick's voice, I reached the office and they both kept quiet 'they have smelled me'. I went inside and found both Logan and Derrick sitting inside the Alpha's office.

"Hi Derrick, long time no see" I greeted but they both looked at me as if they have seen a ghost "don't worry I didn't hear alot" I found myself a seat while they still looked at me as if am going to kill them "can you both stop looking at me like that" they both looked away as if I have burned them and I sighed.

"What are you doing here Matt" Logan asked and I just looked at Derrick, he was my friend until he listened to Clay.

"Let me guess, you were both talking about Clay right " I asked and they both looked at me again "one day you will both be surprised by what the real Clay is capable of" I told them as I went out of the office. 'now where do I start today' I went to the kitchen and got myself a bottle of water before going out of the house.

I walked through the pack being greeted by pack members and I got two unmated wolves trying to get into my pants but I promised to never do that again and am not a cheater. I made my way to the mountains taking in the scenery until I smelt someone "you know I could smell you right" I said to no one in particular and a girl with long black hair, black eyes, wearing a short white free dress, came out from behind the tree "do I know you?" I asked, I think I know her from somewhere but I don't know where 'maybe she is your past hookup'.

"You came to my house to talk to my grandma" oh now I know where, she is the granddaughter of the woman that told me about Alpha Derrick and Camilla.

"Yeah, why are you following me?"

"You know, I thought maybe we could hookup'" she said coming close to me and touching my shoulder seductively, I used to like women who are always on point but right now I can't do that to Asher.

"I left that life behind me" I said removing her hand from my shoulder "and please wait for your mate"

"That's not what you said to the other unmated wolves here"

"But am telling it to you, guess it's your lucky day" I smirked and resumed my walk to the mountains.

"You know I heard what you and my grandma talked about" that made me stop, I turned around and looked at her "I knew that will make you interested"

"I won't lie you caught my attention but if you think that I will have to sleep with you to buy your silence" I walked close to her and bent down making sure she looks me in the eye "your mistaken"

"That is not what I want" she stuttered "I just want to help you" I moved from her face and I looked at her in confusion while she realized a sigh of relief.

"And who said I would need your help?"

"I can tell you where they hid all books about Alpha Derrick and his mate"

"How do you know where they are hidden"

"I just do"

"What do you want in return" nobody does anything without wanting something in return and if she expects me to sleep with her to get the information, she got another thing coming.