chapter 2

Matt's POV

I woke up with someone shaking me, I opened my eyes seeing the girl I was with last night. 'what's is her name again? Becca,Bertha's why should I bother recalling her name when I won't see her again. "Theo knocked on the door a few minutes ago saying we should leave that the cleaner has arrived" the girl I slept with yesterday said putting on her shoes and I just nodded.

Last night's party was lit, why am I suprised, Theo is very good at throwing parties. I groaned pushing my legs off the bed, I looked around the room and it is super messy. Now I have to look through all this mess looking for my clothes, I looked at the watch at the night stand, seeing it's still early. I can make it home change before going to work.

Looking around the room for what felt like forever, I finally found my clothes and shoes, putting them on I made my way down the stairs finding it all empty as I made it to the door. I looked around looking for my motorbike "shit" I don't remember where I parked and I don't have time for this. George is really going to flip, first I missed practice yesterday and I didn't go home last night.

I walked through the front yard looking for my motorbike, I looked until I found it at the end of the road. I ran to it getting the keys from my back pocket, I got onto it, putting my helmet on and driving home.

The drive was short, I parked in front of the house taking my helmet off before making it to the house. My house is a bunglaw with two bedrooms,a kitchen, a living room and one bathroom. It's not that big but it feels more like a home more than that castle I used to live in.

I didn't bother tiptoeing because I know George has already heard me with his werewolf hearing. I made it to the living room knowing, he is there waiting for me to come back and get my scolding 'here goes nothing' I thought entering the room. "Where have you been?" He asked calmly, well that's new he would have started yelling by now

"I was at a party" I said with a shrug and I saw his nose twitch which means he is getting angry. George is a very strong, muscular and tall man with a height of 6'7 with a tanned skin. He is 45 but he is still a very strong man, he is the driver that drove me here when I was kicked out of the sun crest pack.

When he dropped me off he kept visiting me occasionally for about 3 months, but then he came back one day and told me he wants me to start living with him. I refused at first not really trusting him until he told me he left the pack too, but then he told me one thing that made me instantly move in with him he said 'do you want to know the reason why your 2 months younger than Clay'. That really intrigued my curiosity up, but until now he hasn't said anything.

He just keeps on training me so hard saying time will come when I have to fight for what's mine, I don't usually get his words and I think he says them to confuse me more "Am sorry I missed training, but can I go to my room I need to be at work in 20 minutes" I said looking at my wrist watch.

"Sit down we need to discuss something" he said in a serious tone but there was worry in it which made me sit down immediately wondering what is wrong. I looked at him waiting for him to say what's wrong but he didn't say anything.

"What's wrong George?" I asked getting impatient.

"The Elders of the sun crest pack sent a letter saying they need you to go back to San Francisco" he said and I laughed.

"Stop joking and tell me what's wrong?" I asked after laughing.

"Do I look like am joking to you?" He asked angry "they want you back because they feel like Clay is incapable of leading them, but the Alpha said he doesn't want you back" he said putting his elbows on his thighs looking deep in thought.

"Then what's the problem, am not going back there and if the Alpha doesn't want me there then why would I go back?" Am wondering why we are even talking about this "I should go take a shower now, I need to get to work" I said standing up.

"Have you been listening to anything I have been telling you these past years Matt" he yelled and that made me stop "you need to go back and if the Elders accept you back then this is your opportunity to go back and find out the truth. Don't you want to know?" I looked at him surprised at what he is suggesting.

"I don't need to go back and find the truth, all you have to do is tell me what you know not you sending me back to that hellhole" I said angry too

"Matt I know part of the information you need to know, not all of it and for you to find out you need to go back"

"Give me that small information you have and if I find it worthy for me to leave my perfect life here then I will go back" I paused looking at him "if you don't tell me I won't go back and if you tell me and I find it not worth my time this conversation is over" I said sitting down waiting for him to decide what he will choose.

"I can't tell you" he said defeated and I sighed getting up from my chair saying 'okay'. I made my way to the bathroom taking a short shower because am already late for work now. I made my way back to my room going to my closet, I picked out some black jeans and a white shirt that fitted me very well and added some boots.

My walls are painted cream and both my bed and room are not that big, but it's enough for me. I have a few photos of me and my friends then one with George. After getting everything I need, I made my way out of the room to still find George sitting in the living room with his head in his hands. I gave him one last look, before passing him and making my way out the door.

I went to my motorbike, put my helmet on then left for work. When I made it there I parked  and went inside to the locker rooms. "You're late" the manager yelled and I said 'sorry' under my breath before getting to work.

I work for a small hardware store as an on and off loader, I work here part time when am not at school and on weekends but tomorrow will be my day off. I started working taking out order from order by lunch I was exhausted and that coming from a werewolf should mean something.

By evening am off from work making my way home to rest until Sunday then maybe I will have to meet my friends up for drinks in the evening tomorrow. I went inside the house, going straight to my room, but then I found George getting out of the bathroom, I tell him 'hi' while making my way to my room, but before I could get in he called me, I looked back waiting for him to say what he wants in a hurry because I would really want to rest, but his next words beat all the tiredness out of me.

"They are not your family"