chapter 35

Matt's POV

I walked back with Asher in my arms. When I came back from my run to clear my head from all of this that is happening, I found him sleeping on the floor with my clothes in his hands and I didn't want to wake him up. He might have been waiting for me to come back and he fell asleep.

I walked back to our room and laid him down on the bed slowly not wanting to wake him up. I pecked his forehead and made my way to the bathroom, removing my clothes I walked under the shower and calmed down as soon as I felt cold water on my back.

I walked out, dried myself. I was in the middle of putting on my clothes when I heard a knock on my door. I walked to it while still shrugging on my shirt when I found Carlos with red eyes from crying "can I talk to you?" I nodded and closed the door behind me because he just walked back to his room.

I entered his room finding Theo and Jack already there sitting on his bed "what happened?" I asked terrified. Carlos looks like he has been crying all night and both Theo and Jack both have red eyes. Fear watched over my body

"The moon Goddess came to me" Carlos started getting all of my attention and I felt fear wash over me "she asked me to be one of your Guardian and I accepted, she gave me various tests but..." He trailed off holding his head in his hands

He continued with tears in his eyes "she said I can't be your Guardian because am not human" my mouth hung open when I heard that, that is impossible, I have been with Carlos for along time and I have never smelled anything weird on him. She is just messing with him, that is impossible.

"She is lying"

"No she was not" he yelled standing up "she showed me the whole truth, my dad has been lying to me this entire time. He told me my mom died giving birth to me but she was only his friend nothing more" he sniffed "I also watched as my dad put spells on me to cover my vampire all my life"

"But then that means he is not your dad" I said thoughtfully. "Did he adopt you?" I asked

"No, she showed that he is my real father" he sat down again "but the question is who is my real mom and when I asked how that was possible for a vampire and a human to give birth to a vampire she only smiled and told me to ask dad" that is also not possible. How can Santiago be a human then give birth to a vampire "she also said all this truth is out because of you, so how are you connected to all of this" he yelled the last part

"She is kind of punishing me am so sorry-"

"Don't bother" he walked to the door and opened it "please get out"

"Carlos-"

"Am not mad at you Matt but can you all just give me a second" we all nodded getting out of his room. I walked straight out of the mansion, feeling myself want to cry 'he wouldn't have found out like that if it weren't for me' I feel lost right now, am the one that insulted her then why is she taking it all on my friends

A light appeared in front of me "I told you to never mess with me and if you don't finish my task or anger me again Santiago will know why his secret got out after all these years of hiding it very well" with that she disappeared again. I yelled, started kicking all the trees that were near me feeling like I just let my friend down yet all he wanted was to be there for me and I have just destroyed his life.

"WHY" I yelled then I felt Asher touching my shoulder. I turned around hugging him so tightly "why do I always fuck up" he didn't answer my question, he just held me tight as I cried on his shoulder.

"Matt rest" Asher said and I was going to ask him how I can do that when I felt him bite me. I don't know what he did but I felt myself fall into a deep slumber.

I woke up with Asher passing his fingers through my hair "hi" he smiled then pulled me up into a sitting position "eat something" he said handing me a plate of spaghetti with orange juice. I ate all of it and juice in silence, while still in thought "Carlos told me what happened, stop blaming yourself because he doesn't blame you. He would have found out sooner or later"

I nodded not wanting to talk about it until we heard commotion down stairs. We both ran out of our room and found all of them standing outside while 2 girls made there way to us. Everyone is on high alert to attack. I smelled them but they are humans 'what do they want' I thought to myself untill I saw their eyes that are shinning like the moon "don't attack" I said in a tired voice "these are our guardians Asher"

"What do you mean?" Asher asked

"The Goddess said that we will get guardians, she said we will get 6 and I don't know why am only seeing 2"

"Oh she said she cut them, you will be getting only 4" Carlos answered but when I looked back at him I can see he is trying so hard to not be mad at me but I know he is mad, I just destroyed the trust he had for his dad. I looked back at the girls, wearing blue jeans and black shirts with boots.

When they reached us, they both kneeled on one leg. I was going to ask who they are but I was shocked when Jack and Theo joined them "we are so honored to be at your service our Lord's" the four of them said Now WHAT? I blinked in confusion, what did they just call us.  "We vow to protect you with our lives"

"Ah no,No" I yelled "this is not happening, what...wha..what the hell" I stuttered confused why Jack and Theo just said that. All of their eyes look like the moon 'she really knows how to stress a person out' I yelled in my head not liking the surprise at all

"Matt" I looked back at Asher when he called my name, he touched my shoulder squeezing it slightly then looked back at our 'guardians' "how did you all become Guardians" he asked

"And how come you didn't tell me earlier?" I asked too

"She told us no to" I felt like I wanted to yell buy calmed down when Theo continued "Can we get inside so that we can explain" I just nodded because it is really a good idea and I really need to sit down, my head is spinning with all of this happening at the same time.

Can she just slow things down, instead of doing things at the same time to just mess with my head. Now in only 2weeks I have to save her people, create a pack for both vampires and werewolves, I can't even get my life in order, am a screw up in everything. How will I even be able to accomplish all of that if my own life is shit.