chapter 5

I walk into town, I don't know why I'm going into town but, whatever. I pause for a minute, smelling the scent again. I follow it to a dark alley, where I smell blood. Her blood. The girl was getting getting beat up by five guys that I've seen at school. "That's what you get for being a freak", I hear one of the boys say. The girl was unconscious at this point. A growl escapes my lips, scaring the boys that were beating her up. I appear behind one of the boys in seconds, I hold him up by the throat with one hand. "That's no way to treat a girl" , I speak. I practically have to force my eyes to stay hazel at this point. I throw the boy I was holding against a wall. I punch another boy in the face, giving him a black eye. The other three run off. The boy I punched gets back up and I knock him out. I look to the girl who had the sweet, intoxicating smell. She seemed to have been punched to make her unconscious and she was bruised and bleeding a bit but, she'd be fine. I pick her up and carry her to my house. "What the hell Gerard?" Mikey speaks. "She was getting beat up", I tell my brother as I lay the girl on our couch. I step back from the boy. "Can you treat her wounds Mikey? Please. I can't", I speak. My eyes are red. "I have no clue how you managed to control yourself long enough to bring her here but, go get some blood and go to your room. I'll come get you when I finish treating her", Mikey tells me. I grab some blood from the fridge and drink it before running upstairs to my room. I lock the door and take a few minutes to calm down. I can smell her scent and the blood still. It's more faint but, I can smell it. I grab a book and start reading to get my mind off it. I hear a knock at my door so I put my book down and unlock the door, opening it. "You can go downstairs now", my brother tells me.