chapter 14

Brooklyn's POV:

I see Gerard exit the school, clearly smelling my blood. He looks like he's panicking. I whimper in pain. He speeds over to me. He kneels beside me and pulls the knife out. I yelp in pain as quietly as possible. He bites into his wrist and tells me to drink his blood. That's disgusting but, I do as I'm told. It's the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted but I force myself to swallow it. I see my stomach start to heal and I see the bruises go away. "Let's get you home", he speaks, clearly pissed at the people who hurt me. I nod and he picks me up, carrying me home. He sits me down on the couch when we get inside. He sits down beside me. "I'm going to kill them for hurting you", he mutters under his breath. I hear it. "Please don't kill anyone for me", I speak up. "Are you feeling okay? Is there anything I can get you? Do you want to lay down? You lost a lot of blood earlier", he speaks as his very caring side kicks in. "I think I might rest for a while, will you lay with me please?" I ask and he nods. He picks me up and carries me to his bed, laying me down gently. He lays down beside me and I rest my head on his chest. He wraps his arm around me as I fall asleep. I wake up to Gerard watching me. Not like usual, his eyes were flickering from hazel to red and back a lot this time. "Gerard are you okay?" I ask. "I'm fine", he replies. "When's the last time you fed?" I ask him. "About a week or so ago..", he speaks. I roll up my sleeve on my right arm and offer him my wrist. He looks from my wrist to me. He looks at me like I'm crazy. "I can't feed from you", he tells me. "Why not?" I ask. "I don't want to hurt you Brooke", he tells me. "Do it. It's fine", I tell him. I offer him my wrist again. He looks at me for a few minutes before his eyes turn red and he bites into my wrist, causing me to wince. I can practically feel the life draining from me and I end up passing out.