chapter 17

Brooklyn's POV:

I wake up beside Gerard. He's so cute when he's sleeping. I try to get up without waking him up, only to feel him pull me back into the bed. I smile at him. "Gerard, we have to go to school, my mom will "kill" me if we skip again", I tell him. He sighs before getting up. I get up for a second time and go into the bathroom to shower. After my shower, I don't flat iron my hair for once and leave it curly once I dry it. I put on a casual red dress, a black leather jacket and combat boots because why the hell not? I head downstairs, to see Gerard, looking shocked by my outfit. I smirk at him, walk over to him and kiss him. He kisses me back before I back up slightly. "You look really pretty today", he compliments me. "Thank you, babe", I reply. "Ready to go?" I ask. "Just one thing", he pauses, walking to another room and returning with something in his hand, "I had this made for you, it'll keep you from being burnt to a crisp in the sun", he adds before putting it on my index finger. It's a silver ring, with a heart shaped blue stone. "Thank you", I speak before kissing him. He grabs his keys from the kitchen, I guess we're not walking today. He walks with me to his car, where he opens the door for me. "What a gentleman", I comment before getting in the car. He closes the door and gets in the driver's seat. I hear the engine rumble and we're out of the driveway, on our way to school. I look at him as he's driving, he's so cute and hot and sweet and I love him so much. "Thank you for the compliment", he speaks. "I never said anything?" I say but, it comes out more as a question. "I can read the minds of vampires Brooke. So I can hear your thoughts", he informs me. "Oh..",I sink into my seat, obviously embarrassed. Gerard smiles at me and parks the car in the school parking lot. I get out of the car and Gerard holds my hand as we walk to our lockers. "How are you feeling?" He asks as I grab my stuff. "I feel fine Gerard", I tell him, reassuring him that I'm not going to lose it and kill someone.