chapter 11

Brooklyn's POV:

I'm woken up by none other than Gerard Way. I smile slightly because he's smiling at me. He's so cute. "You should probably go get ready for school", he tells me as he takes off his shirt, causing me to blush. He puts on a black t-shirt. "O-okay", I manage to stutter. He smiles. I realize my mom's going to kill me for sneaking out. "I'll meet you by your house in about 15 minutes to walk you to school okay?" He speaks. I nod and walk outside, closing the door behind me. I sneak into my backyard and I manage to climb into my room, getting a few scrapes on the way up. That hurt. I realize I'm bleeding once I get up. Great, just great. I change into my black t-shirt, black jeans and converse. I decide to leave my hair down and grab my backpack before heading downstairs. I see my mom's boyfriend staring at me. Crap, he's drunk again. Before I know it, I'm being hit and kicked. I'm on the floor, curled up. He finally stops and goes to grab another beer. I take this as an opportunity to run out the front door. Gerard sees me, crying. "What's wrong Brooklyn?" He asks,  walking over to me. He seems to pause, as if noticing I'm hurt. "Are you hurt?" He asks me. I just hug him, ignoring the pain, he makes me feel better. He hugs me back. "Let's just go to school..", I manage to speak, shakily. "Okay, love", he replies.

Gerard POV:

I waited for her to finish getting ready. After about half an hour of waiting for her, she came outside, in tears. Something was wrong. I asked her what was wrong, she said nothing. I approached her, then I smelt it. Her blood. She was hurt. I was mad. Someone hurt her. I managed to keep my cool and just ask if she was hurt. Yet again, no answer. She just hugged me, calming down as she hugged me. She finally spoke in a shaky voice, "let's just go to school." I would do whatever she wants so I agreed. Back to now. She holds my hand as we walk. She seems in pain, it hurts me to see her hurt. When we get to school. I notice the boys who beat her up yesterday staring at her. I walk with her to her locker,  where the boys approach us. Wrong day for that boys. "Look it's the emo freak!" One of the boys say before laughing. I push the boy who said that against a few lockers by his throat with one hand. "If I were you guys, I would knock this the hell off. Don't mess with her again or you will regret it", I speak, angrily and with a dark look in my eyes, obviously scaring them. "Gerard! It's fine. Let him go", I hear Brooklyn say. I drop him onto the floor, my eyes softening as I look at her. She grabs my hand and leads me into a completely empty classroom. "What was that about Gerard?" She asks me. "They needed to learn that they can't bully you anymore", I reply. "You didn't have to do that, they could have hurt you", she replied, obviously worried. She cares about me. "Let's skip today. We can have today to ourselves", I speak.  "Okay", she replies. "Another thing, I want you stay at my place tonight", I tell her. "I'll have to get some clothes from my room", she informs me. "I'll go with you", I reply. "Okay then", she speaks.