prologue

May 2018

May 2018

"Hey."

"Oh, hey." Y/N chuckles, turning to look at the Cuban who magically appeared beside her in the balcony. "You finished dinner yet?"

"Yeah, Ty and I had dinner,"

"Awesome."

"Baby," Lauren called for the girl, the very unusual yet safest nickname Y/N ever got. "Are you okay?"

The girl could only smile, humming.

"You know, if I could just buy emotions, I will,"

"And why is that?"

"I could use some happiness right now, everyday."

Looking at the girl whose face illuminated by the city lights and a nostalgic look on her face, Lauren couldn't help but reach out and pull her close. "Hey," she called. "Don't be sad."

"I'm not sad - i'm not happy either," she sighs, holding herself steady when she felt the green eyed girl's hands on her waist. Y/N caressed her arms softly, like if they would be as a couple, but they're not. "Just, in between."

"You haven't told me about your plans. . I waited for you last night but you didn't come,"

"It was already late Laur, we had a full day of interviews and dancing," she chuckles. "I can't stay up, I messaged you."

"Funny because my stupid ass just saw it the morning after,"

Y/N giggles, because that's just a Lauren thing to do nowadays. "How is Ty treating you?"

"Here you go again, dodging a topic."

"What? I was just asking,"

"He treats me fine, and he's super thoughtful and sweet."

Seemingly satisfied at the answer, Y/N nodded. "He better treat you right or else I'd be kicking some ass, ya know. I'll cal Dinah and Mani for backup. Ally can be the one who pours holy water on him when he die."

Pinching her tummy, Y/N yelped.

"Ow!"

"You're such a dork."

"I would prefer hot,"

"You wish."

Rolling her eyes, Y/N only laughed.