thirty

February 2017

"I have something for you,"

"What? You don't have to give me anything, I told you. You being here and talking to me is enough."

"But I wanted to," she whispers, placing a soft, gentle kiss behind her ear—a spot that made Y/N shiver, knowing all too well that the spot is her weak spot. "No, it's not something big or grande because I know you hate stuff like that so I got something that can remind you of me, at the same time, can be very useful as well."

Holding the blanket to cover up her bare chest, the amber eyed girl watched the latina get out of bed and put on the oversized shirt she was wearing earlier, before scrumbling to get something on her nightstand drawers. And when she successfully found what she was looking for, which was some small, squared box of some kind—Y/N waited patiently to see what she got.

"I got this, because it reminded me of you for some reason,"

"Camila,"

"Ssh, let me finish." The latina smiles, getting the lid off revealing some kind of bracelet—all looking pretty with it's charms and designs, it's flowery designs and the shade of pink sparkling underneath Y/N's eyes.

"It reminded you of me because it's pink?" chuckles the amber eyed girl softly, though can't help but stare at the piece of jewelry. 

"Yes, and because I rarely see you wearing bracelets. It's pretty too," Camila shrugs, taking the bracelet of the box and held Y/N's hands. "It's a pair. One for your left hand and one for the right hand."

"Shouldn't you have the other one?"

"Hmm no, it's for you. Both of them," the latina continued. "May I?"

Nodding, the amber eyed girl watched the latina held both of her hands, thinking that she was gonna put the bracelet on, but watched in surprise when Camila held her hand up to her lips—hovering over the scars that etched around her wrist. Gasping softly at the sensation of her lips in contact with the wounds, soft, full lips pressed down the delicate skin followed by a few more gentle kisses in each wrist, Y/N clenched her fist. "Relax," whispers the latina.

"No," the amber eyed girl let out. "I can't, Camila you should sto—"

"I know," murmurs the girl. "You hate them, but I love them. They may remind you of what happened to you, but for me, it's part of who you are now. It's on your body—it's imprinted on your skin, and it's going to be around for a long, long time. So you better love it the way I do,"

"But, how can I—I don't—"

Putting the bracelet on swiftly, as if it the action didn't require such effort, Camila continued; "This bracelet can hide the scars," she says, proceeding to put on the other one. "The scars are not visible when you look at it—see?" She smiled, watching Y/N look doen her wrists which was covered with the charm bracelets. "People won't see the scars, and you won't see the scars. So, whenever you look down at your hands, you will only see this amazing bracelet I gave you and you'll think of me and hopefully—it'll make you smile."

The girl was quiet for a few moments before; "I love it."

Camila's eyes beamed. "You do?"