fifteen

Wilma was right.

Wilma is always right, when did she ever become wrong?

There are pasts that are meant to be forgotten, and there are pasts that are meant to be remembered because of a certain lesson that can change you entirely and how you perceive the world. But Y/N knows her lesson, she harvested it, grown with it, and has evolved. She just. . . don't know how to approach it.

She was never a great communicator when it comes to feelings.

Hence, she took this long to even confess Lauren her feelings.

She wasn't one to be vulnerable in front of people.

The only people she let herself bare naked was Wilma, because she was helping her. Her parents, because she had to. Three, Mitch because he's her bestfriend. And four, herself. And besides that, no one.

Sure, her bandmates has seen her cry before, but she never really got to the point where they had deep talks about feelings, what they feel and why they feel that way.

She realized at an early age, that the more quiet you are about something, the better. The more you keep your mouth shut about it and not go and tell others, the better.

Because what people don't know can't hurt them, right?

Because what people don't know, can't ruin them, right?

Right.

Abruptly sitting up, Y/N briefly closed her eyes. Lately, her dreams have been hunting her. She figured it was nothing bad, just bit pieces of the past, reminiscing how her and Lauren's friendship evolved; Lauren's vulnerable moments, their fights, sixth harmony days, and. . Camila. It was nothing bad. It was okay. As long as it doesn't wake her up late at night, sweaty and eyes frantic matching her beating heart, anxious and terrified.

It's okay.

Opening her eyes after inhaling and exhaling a couple of times, she turned to open her eyes, looking at the woman beside her who she made love to last night.

Lauren's figure was something she can forever engrave in her heart. She has seen her in different angles before - different state, different emotion, different joy. But the feeling of waking up next to her was something she couldn't forget. It just means that whenever she wakes up, Lauren will always be there. Lauren won't leave her. Lauren stayed.

And it made her heart melt.

Smiling to herself, she left a soft kiss on the woman's forehead before going to the bathroom to take a shower. She wanted to make breakfast for Lauren, treat her the way she should be treated. Lately, Lauren has been attending to her like the amazing girlfriend she is; making them breakfast, reminding her of the things she forgotten before leaving the house, giving her kisses -- everything.

Y/N thought she wasn't her girlfriend anymore.

More like a wife.

Her heart tingled at the nickname.

When Y/N was done making breakfast, it was only a matter of time when Lauren woke up. She was on her phone when Y/N entered the room, naked body covered with a blanket, looking up at her when she saw Y/N's figure. "What's this?" She asked, lips up in a smile.

"Breakfast," replied the singer, placing the tray on the bed. "Breakfast in bed?"

Smiling, Lauren disregarded her phone, sitting up to look at the meal Y/N made. "How romantic. What's gotten into you to make me breakfast like this?"

"I don't need a reason to do this," Y/N chuckles, kissing her bare shoulder, just in time when Lauren tried the food. "I want to do this because I have an amazing girlfriend and I want to treat her like the queen she is."