twenty-seven

Y/N doesn't know how many minutes she has been sitting there on the stool as she watched Taylor unpack her groceries, but it felt like forever. She was being too much of a coward to even say anything and the model wasn't much help either. So they hang in the kitchen, not speaking to each other, staying in some sort of deafening silence. "So," the singer started. "You look amazing, like you always do."

"I know," Taylor deadpans, putting away the paper bag. "And I also know I didn't let you come in here to compliment me or something."

Fighting the urge to giggle, because an angry Taylor looked cuter than she imagined, she behaved. She didn't want to furthur more piss the girl off. "Right," she stated, then clearing her throat.

The model looked at her expectantly.

"I'm sorry, okay?" and she totally meant it. "I explained it to you before, with thousand different voicemails and texts messages I knew you saw and heard - I didn't got time to bid farewell because Nana gave me specific instructions to get out of here after the Grammys. They booked me a flight that night too, and I didn't know where you were so I did what I had to do."

Pursing her lips and crossing her arms as she leaned on the counter, Taylor could only shrug. "Okay, you're forgiven."

"Just like that?" Y/N gaped. The model nodded. "What?"

"To be honest, it's kinda amazing how you made an effort to come here and text me every single day and update me even though you didn't have to," Taylor trailed, fighting the urge to smile. "I was just surprised earlier I thought it was some creepy guy - I knew you were coming so I got some groceries so you can cook for me."

Mouth gaping because what? Taylor was just messing with her?

"Taylor you-"

"I know, I can be a good actress, right?" The model smirked, sending her a flying kiss. "Make me dinner - that's the most apology you can give me."

"You little shit!" Y/N exclaims, sauntering over Taylor and hugging her tightly. The model could only laugh and wrap her arms around the girl. "I thought you were still so mad at me. You look like you wanted to kill me - did you took acting lessons while I'm gone or something?"

"Nope, but I did watched a lot of soap operas for some weird reasons and picked up some acting along the way," Taylor cringes. "It paid off though."

"Oh my god Tay," Y/N breaths, hugging her again and cherishing this woman she had thought of everyday. She didn't know why, but the thought of Taylor mad at her didn't sit well to her these past months. Or maybe she was just a sensitive little shit and couldn't tolerate someone she cared for mad at her? "You scared me."

"Sorry," smiled the model sheepishly, even though Y/N knew she's not. "Can't help it. You always mess with me, can't help but return the favor."

Chuckling, the singer kissed her cheek before pulling away. "What do you want for dinner?"

Y/N met a lot of girls while travelling. Girls with different personalities, beliefs, attitudes - kinks, and all of them indeed differ from each other. She remembered talking to this man in Barcelona, an old man around his sixties, and even showed Y/N a picture of him when he was young and how he met his wife - how he fooled around almost most of his life until he met the someone he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He told her that she will encounter many girls in such a certain age, and each of them may have/had an impact in her life she didn't know - but she should, for that is the way in knowing who to keep and who you really want.

There are girls whose just a passing fling - someone who wanted to have fun and live life. And there's someone who you felt like is your soulmate, both of you understanding each other in so many ways you couldn't imagine. There is someone who you thought you thought you loved, only to find out that they are not the ones for you, and was just showing you the introduction of what it feels like to be in love. And the last one, is the one that showed you mercy; passion, genuine and honest love.