twenty-eight

Charlotte didn't know what to do when her eyes met a pair of green ones just across the bar; hence she didn't know what to feel as well when she felt the singer she was dancing with bit her ear cautiously that made her eyes roll at the back of her head at the sudden pleasure—shivering, her skin feeling all tingly— she felt dizzy. The loud booming music surrounding them, the sweaty people, Y/N's perfume—the alcohol in her system. . . everything. She didn't even know she was panting and her grip on the singer's shoulder were too tight to the point where her nails were being imprinted on Y/N's blouse.

"Shit," she let out, only hearing a very low chuckle coming from the singer.

Turning them around so Y/N's facing the Cuban at the bar, her attention down on the girl in her arms, she let out a small, sly smirk. "Are you okay?"

"Is it me, or the place feels like it's spinning?"

"How many drinks have you had?" laughs Y/N. "I thought you weren't gonna drink too much?"

"I can't deny drinks—they keep on insisting,"

"You should stop drinking,"

The girl could only hum quietly, closing her eyes briefly. "Lauren looks like she's ready to kill you, for some reason," she states, reminiscing the woman's piercing stare at them. "Are you guys okay? No bad-blood? Is she still staring?"

"One at a time honey," Y/N chuckles. "Yes, we're okay. No, there's no bad-blood. And I don't think so, I'm not looking at her," she answers. "Even I am surprise to see her here—she must be having some night out."

"You should say hi,"

"I have no desire to," murmurs the singer, caressing her flushed cheeks softly. "You should sit down and have some water, sober yourself up. I think we're gonna be around here for a while, considering Adam is having fun as well as the couple."

"You've changed," Charlotte decided to say randomly, the alcohol really running through her veins that she just can't keep her mouth shut. "You are more. . cocky, confident. . narcissistic. . charming. That, is a very dangerous combination, you know? You get everyone wrapped around your fingers fast."

"Do I have you wrapped around my finger?"

"Right now, yes," Charlotte parted her lips in silent gasp, feeling the singer's finger slowly trailing down her collarbone to her abdomen. "But even though you're all of that. . I can see it in your eyes. You still care for people deeply, caring for them. . making them feel worthy of you and your time. It's like you never changed at the same you did. What happened to you?"

The question hung in the air as if it wasn't meant to be asked. They were clear in the singer's ears despite the loud music being played in the background but she can't get herself to speak. What was the correct answer for that?

"Love," she whispers, face inches away from the girl's face. "Love can change you in so many ways you don't even know. But it is up to you to decide if you want love to change you in a good way, or in a bad way. And for me. . " she trailed, watching Charlotte's eyes flutter open, meeting hers. "I choose both."

There was. . fire, raging behind those amber eyes Charlotte haven't seen before. She was used to the way Y/N's eyes glimmered softly and genuinely whenever she looked at people around her—even Charlotte, but this was different. This is new. And it is certainly, a change. How can love be good? Most importantly, how can love be bad?