Chapter Two | Bribery

"Hello, Im Alice and this is my mate jasper, We have been looking for you Polaris!"

"Excuse me, why? If you are here to kill me good luck tinker bell" I say putting as much confidence in my voice as possible. In all honestly Im a tad shaken, I mean this vampire somehow knows my name, this can't be good!

The fairy like vampire speaks again "No no no, I just wish to speak to you about a possible job for you. I will pay you whatever you like, for this.. rather unique job."

My lips pull into a smirk, though I have never taken a job from a vampire, The fact that she said she will pay me whatever is rather appealing; I mean can you blame me, Im an eighteen year old, with no family, and who did not get to graduate high school.  I speak again "Enlighten me on what this unique job required , and why doesn't blondy speak at all?" I say directing my eyes to the silent tall blond who then opens his mouth and begins speaking with a voice laced in an old southern accent, we got a real ranger rick here it seems.

"Im sorry miss, This is Alices, scheme and I am just here for.. protection you could say" He says, I nod and then look towards Alice who speaks saying.

"The job is to go be a witness against the Volturi for my coven members"

My eyes shift into a cold glare mixed with confusion and I scoff "Im hiding from the old geezers known as the Volturi, sorry tinker bell but job declined."

Alice looks at me not surprised at all almost as if she knew I was going to say that, and she then speaks again.

"If you do I will pay you $50,000"

If I was in an old cartoon at that current moment my eyes would have shifted into dollar bills. I know this is a dumb choice is going to get my ass put into an early grave, but 500,000$ dollars. I may die from this but I will go out a rich bitch and im okay with that. 

"deal. so where is this coven Im witnessing for."

"Forks Washington, Here" Alice says suddenly zooming towards me causing the floating  knives around me to fall thankfully not hitting me. They plummet due to my focus shifting from the surprise. The knives bounce of of Alices cold marble like skin making sounds similar to the clacking of a hailstorm. Alice has her hand out with a paper with what seems to be an Address written on it. I reach out and take the paper from the oddly giddy vampire.

"When do I need to get there? And will you pay me full now or half now and half after this witness bullshit" I speak as I examine the paper Alice handed me.

"As soon as you can, and I will pay you right now!" After she speaks these words Jasper speeds off somewhere and returns with a bag and tosses it into the back of Henry making the truck bob a little. I scurry into the bed of my truck, hollyshit Its stacked full of cash, I feel like I just committed a drug deal.

"Okay Pixie, Why do you even want me to do this and for so much money? My opinion will hold no weight against the Volturi". Alice smiles like she is hiding a secret about this whole peculiar job. Alice speaks

"You will be surprised, Now me and Jasper are going to get going. Bye Polaris, We will see you again soon." Alice zooms off and Jasper nods his had at me saying goodbye and zooms after her. "Man vampires are fucking odd" I mutter to myself as I take the cash packed bag into the inside back seat of my truck tossing it under the passenger seat. Well Forks Washington here I come I think to myself.

Alice POV

Jasper and I stop running to talk about the success of my plan moving forward. "It worked" I say in a giddy tone.

When I was in Italy rescuing Edward with Bella I caught a glimpse of Caius the vampire kings future on the way out after Aro read my mind. In this vision I had I saw Caius finally finding his mate, in no other then the money hungry, teen, bounty hunter Polaris Brooke.

Thanks for reading the second chapter, If you liked it, please drop a vote so I can see people actually like this story, see y'all next chapter :)