Chapter Nineteen | You're Angry?

I look over in the direction I last saw Caius battling the intruder vampire panic overwhelming me for my asshole of a mate and I see the male intruders head thrown on the floor by Caius. I let out a sigh of relief, Caius is okay. Damm these mating instincts making me worry I think.

I look around the room and see all the intruders have been beheaded and now are being burned. The adrenaline in my body settles down and with it my magnetic powers. The doors are thrown open by the group of guards I was just playing cards with. 

"What happened, we heard screams and came as fast as we can?!" Jane asks in a panic looking over the room. 

"Your a little late." I sarcastically remark.

"Young Polaris is right, A group of nomad vampires came and attacked us, demanding we show them where the Volturi jewels are. Thankfully Polaris happened to be walking by and saved us."  Aro explains to the confused and concerned guards. 

"Now won't you all clean up these bodies, while the royals head to bed. Polaris I think It is best you stay with Caius tonight since that will allow are guards to be more concentrated with a couple of our best assigned to each king. There may be others of the nomads, so Its best to be carful." Aro orders.

I decide not to argue since Aro does have a point. 

My mate begins leaving the room and curtly says "Come." With a look of anger on his features. 

I follow after him, luckily being able to catch up since he is walking at a human pace. Why the hell is he angry at me? I just saved him. 

"Hey, why do you seem angry, shouldn't you thank me. I just saved your ass along with the other  Dracula kings." I say too Caius.

"You shouldn't have put yourself in danger, You could have been killed." Caius retorts.

"You would have been killed if I didn't do something." I explain as we continue walking towards Caius's wing.

"Its not your place to save me. Im the man I--" I cut Caius off mid sentence.

"Don't start again with this BS, I am willing to give you a second chance if you view me as an equal. I know we come from drastically different times, but you need to change your views on women. Your views right now are straight up wrong and outdated." I rant to Caius.

Caius stops walking and turns to look at me, at first his face is that of anger then it slowly shifts to one of regret.

Caius takes a deep breath and says "Im sincerly sorry Polaris, I shouldn't have said what I just said or what I said about the bed situtaion. Tonight I just was so overcome with worry my mind was clouded and I have no excuse for the other time. I will try to control my anger." 

"I accept and appreciate your apology however I won't trust or forgive you fully until you prove to me you really mean what you say." I explain.

"Thats Fair, now will allow me to escort you to my wing so you can get some rest?" Caius says.

I nod my head as I let out a yawn. Caius smiles and picks me up and holds me bridal style. I decide I am too tired to protest tonight and let myself drift off to sleep in my mates arms. 

Hey y'all, thanks for reading. What did you think? Please vote if you liked it. Also does anyone play animal crossing? I Finally just got the game and would love to go see anyones island for inspiration.