Chapter Four | The Past

I wake up to the annoying repetitive rings of my alarm. I sit up and reach over to grab my phone and turn off the alarm. I stretch and see the 9:00 Am morning light shining into my tent. I crawl out of my sleeping bag and roll it back up so it can easily fit in my truck. I then unzip and climb out of the tent and start taking it down as well and I then throw both the tent and sleeping bag into the back seat of Henry.

I look under the passenger seat where I stashed the cash from blood drinking tinker bell and see its still there. I honestly was not worried anyone would steal it, most people would assume nothing worth possibly getting arrested for is in my old, worn down, black truck. I was more worried I dreamed the whole encounter last night, however I guess not I'm going to witness against the volturi, Yipee (note the sarcasm).

I climb into the drivers seat of my truck Henry and start up the stick shift truck navigating myself back onto the highway I was on last night in the direction of Washington. I turn up the radio hearing rock music pump through the speakers of the truck my mind drifts back to the past as I zoom down the highway.

My mind navigates back to how I started this life of magnetic powers and vampire bounty hunting. The powers were always around me to a degree just no one, not even my parents realized it. As a toddler and kid whenever I was angry items around the house and around me just happened to fall if they had any metal on them. Im pretty sure my parents chopped this up to bad luck, which In all honesty is a pretty good way to describe my powers; bad luck.

Even though these powers make me a total badass vampire killer now, they are also what got me involved in this lonely on the run and on the road life. Turns out unlikely for me some vampires can sense powers otherwise known as gifts in humans and other vampires. Unfortunately for me I happened to pass by one of the vampires who possess the power identifying gift one day when I was fifteen. At this point in my life I knew I was different and could control metals; I however kept this hidden in fear of being labeled a freak or science experiment. The gift identifying vampire female followed me home and attacked and killed my parents leaving me alive to witness the horrors. She killed them because I think she planned it would scare me into joining her which backfired on her badly. On this traumatic day I learned one key feature about myself and my powers; they are connected to my emotions. I got so scared, angry and mournful when she killed my parents I used the iron in the blood she just digested to kill her from the insides out; gory right?

After this I grabbed all the money and personal posessions I could find in my fit of panic around the house. I took my dads old black truck I was learning to drive in now deemed Henry and through all my clothes and possessions in the back, I was running way. You may be wondering why run away? Well though this may have not been true I was scared someone may think I killed my parents or find out about my powers. I mean how else would a fifteen year old girl take out an intruder strong enough to kill two adults, one my father was an ex military man.

Ever since then I have been on the road. I had the idea to get jobs through seeings stories online of people deemed insane for seeing a red eyed killers who murder one of their loved ones. I give these people who have suffered a tragic lost a chance to get revenge against the red eyes demons known as vampires. In school I always had good grades, I was setup for success and now I run a vampire killing business to keep myself alive, its funny and cruel how quick ones fate can changes.

However of course killing vampires has its dangers obviously. I always try to kill single covenless and mateless vampires. I may be strong for a human, however I realize I am still just a human, I can't see vampires when they run at top speed and if one gets their hands around my neck im dead or worse.. one of them.

I have made the mistake sometimes of killing a mated vampires, hence another danger in my job; I have a whole lot of pissed of vampires who want my head. Thankfully since im always moving and none of these pissed of vampires so far are great tractors I have survived.

As I continue down the high way for hours I wonder what will happen with this whole witnessing thing against the volturi. What am I even witnessing for besides a bag of cash? I have always intentionally avoided the volturi. You may be wondering how I even know about the volturi, well when a jackass vampire who almost turned me said "I will take you to the volturi, with your power and me bringing it to them. i will surely get a place on their guard." Naturally after this I researched the volturi and I mean a lot of research. When you witness vampires in the flesh and know what they really are like it becomes a piece of cake to sort through real information and fake stories from insane people. I avoid the volturi because I know when or if they find out about me one of two things will occur.

Option one would them killing me, viewing me as a threat and liability. Option two would be the one I truly dread more than death, turning me and forcing me to join them. I never, ever want to be a vampire. I don't want to take innocent lives of peoples sons, daughters, or parents like my parents were taken from me, I would rather die.

Hey what do you guys think of Polaris's back story? If you liked this chapter please vote, it shows people are actually enjoying this horrible book I just started. See y'all next chapter, bye! Thanks for reading.