Chapter Three | An Odd Dream

I pull out my iPhone and put in the directions from the sheet the pixie vamp gave me. This is gonna be one long road trip, Im on the other side of the USA practically in upstate NewYork. I grab my backpack and throw it into the back seat and hop into Henrys driver seat and start the stick shift truck up. I follow my phones directions and start up the radio playing blood in the cut by K.Flay. I sing along as I drive and navigate myself to the highway.

After about two hours of driving on the high speed road I decide to pull off the road and find a parking lot to spend the night in. I find an empty dimly lit parking lot with only an RV parking in it on the other side, This should do. Tomorrow night I should maybe stay in a hotel since I can afford it with all the money I just got payed.

I grab my sleeping bag and Dark green tent I had in my backseat and hop out of the truck and set up the small tent in the bed of my truck. Yes I sleep in a tent on my truck, don't judge; Its cheap, and perfect for how much traveling I do, since I don't have a home. I roll out my dyed black sleeping bag in the tent and snuggle up for the night. Before I fall asleep I set an alarm for 9:00 am tomorrow. My eyes shut and I drift off into a comfortable slumber.

I suddenly find myself in what looks to be an old building, maybe a Palace? It looks like it was pulled right off a movie set with beautiful hand carved intricate patterns on the marble ceilings and walls of this hallway. Lit white candles are supported along the walls giving a warm flickering light to the marble hallway. This hallway has an ancient, royal feeling to it as I look around and slowly navigate my way through it. It feels as if this hallway would be part of a kings castle from fairytales or dumb romance novels. 

As I step through the hallway my metal plated shoe bottoms making clicking sounds echo through the empty corridor. As I walk along I see a tall golden paneled door looming cracked open. I cautiously shift the at least eight foot door open and peak inside. It looks to be a massive royal looking bedroom? I think its a bedroom as it has a massive red silk sheeted bed that would put any normal king sized bed to shame. But the room also posses a lounging area made up of blood red chairs and a couch all around a dark wood table enhanced with golden details. The whole room seems to hold blood red velvets and silks detailed with royal gold swirls and patterns.

As my eyes make their way around the massive room they land on a massive renaissance painting. In this painting is the most attractive man I think I have ever seen. He has an angular face that you could find on a model from a modern day runway. He is dressed in black robes that just screamed money and royalty. This man has chin length blond hair, and fair marble like skin. I then find my eyes meeting with the paintings blood red eyes. I then realize this beautiful enchanting man portrayed in paints is a vampire.

I find myself shaken awake from the oddly real feeling dream. I feel a warmth in my cheeks, and an odd comforting feeling gracing over me, why is this? Why did I feel more safe than afraid or  on guard staring at the painting of the vampire from my dream? 

I feel a yawn come on and stretch, I chase the thoughts of the real feeling dream made up of a palace and an enchanting painted man from my head. I reach to my side and feel around for my iPhone. I pull my iPhone into view and click the home button bringing an eye stinging light to the phone. It reads 5:00 am. I still have more time to sleep I think and place my phone next to me and cuddle back up into my sleeping bag, hoping to have no more odd dreams.

Please drop a vote if you enjoyed this chapter and another one should be out tonight or tomorrow, keep your eye open for it. I am updating a lot rn on this new story, since I just got my wisdom teeth out and am kinda bed bound.