Chapter Nine | The Volturi

Here I stand waiting for my potential demise holding my leather jacket close around me to try to stay warm in the Washington winter weather. I stand behind Carlisle and Esme and close to the other Cullens as we wait for the volturi to arrive. The air is tense, and is the opposite of the warm and welcoming air of last night as the witnesses all talked around fires about stories of the past. I tap nervously on my thigh as we just wait. The thought of the vampire king Caius is still present in my mind, and its fucking annoying to frank.

All the mates and covens hold each other close as an organized march of cloaked figures approaches from the opposite side of the field.

Garret nervously mutters "The red coats are coming, the read coats are coming."

Three men lead the group with what I assume is the main guards flocking them, and one women who I assume is one of their wives. the rest of the volturi members follow close behind. One person stands out, with blond hair and gold eyes leading me to believe she is the Irana; the person who started this whole shit show. The wolves begin to join our group of witnesses with a howl and then the volturi stop and the main important members lower their hoods.

My eyes instantly falls onto the blond king again, feeling an odd draw. He doesn't notice me thankfully, the plan is to go unnoticed unless necessary. The wolves being here covers my scent enough I hope.

Carlisle approaches Aro leaved Esme to step back to comfort me, giving my hand a small squeeze. In my short time here I have grown to view Carlisle and Esme as second parents of sorts, with the rest of the Cullens and I having sibling like relationships.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. As civilized men" Carlisle explains.

"fair words Carlisle, but a little out of place given the army assembled against us." Aro responds back.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken." Carlisle says.

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools!" Caius exclaims. Though his voice is bitter and angry, I find myself wanting to hear it again. Why the fuck do i have a crush on a million year old vampires!

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. See the flesh of human blood in her cheeks." Carlisle says.

Caius get angry again, which seems to be on brand for him and Aro calms him down saying "I will collect every facet of the truth. From someone more central to the story.. Edward, as the child clings to your new born mate. I assume you are involved." Aro offers his hand prompting Edward to walk forward and take it, which he does. Aro looks up as he used his invasive power to shift through Edwards head. He then lets go of Edwards hand.

"id like to meet her." Aro asks. Bella leads Renesmee to Aro, and signals for Emmet to follow. "Young Bella, immortality becomes you." Aro speaks creepily, then lets out a spine chilling laugh.

"I hear her strange heart." Aro then says and Renesmee responds by putting her hand on his cheek to use her power and says "Magnifico, half mortal, half immortal. conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human." Aro says in Awe.

"impossible" Caius responds once again drawing me to his voice.

"Do you think he fooled me brother" Aro retorts back as Bella, Edward, Jacob, Emmet and Renesmee move back to our group of witnesses. Caius then cruelly executes Irena causing sorrow for her sisters and everyone else that knew her. As her sisters run to attack I move to try to stop them using metal jewelry they are wearing but are beat to it.

Alice than approaches and clears everything up using her future telling gift to show Aro what would happen and proving Renesmee is no danger with her witnesses Jasper and her gathered.

"I see there is no danger here, however there is another matter to be dealt with.. A human, who can kill vampires. Please step forward Polaris." Aro says offering his hand out prompting me to join him. Shit! I think to myself as I begin to walk forward keeping trying to not show my fear. All Cullens, besides Bella, Renesmee and Edward join me. As I am walking my eyes meet the crimson eyes of Caius. I feel a shock run though me and Caius stares at me in shock, as well as the other king Marcus who gives Aro his hand. Aro takes his hand and his eyes widen in shock but he does not speak until I reach him.

"Your hand please." Aro says to me and I take a deep breath uncomfortable from all the eyes on me, specifically I can feel the intense stare of a blond king. I give Aro my hand and he looks up as he zooms through my thoughts, my life. He lets go of my hand with a sick smile on his face.

"How rare, A human capable of killing vampires with their powerful gift." Aro muses

"And even more rare is that Polaris is the mate of no other than Caius.. What a wonderful edition to the volturi you will make Polaris." Aro exclaims.

Hey guys drop a vote please and what did you think of this chapter? Sorry a lot of it was nothing new and just the twilight events.And sorry if there are any grammar or spelling errors, this chapter was kinda rushed; if you saw any errors please comment so I can fix them. See y'all next time!