Chapter Seventeen | Introspection

"And then Caius ran into a glass wall!" Demetri exclaims laughing from recalling the memory of his master being so blinded in rage that he forget their was a glass wall and ran face first into it. I laugh as well as the over guards present from Demetri's hilarious story about Caius.

After we were done training the guards decided to show me to their break/game room where we all decided to play cards and all the guards and myself shared stories. The break room is probably the most modernized room I have seen in my time at the castle having a brand new tv in it along with more modern furniture.

"Do you guys have time to watch a movie?" I ask

"Sure!" Heidi exclaims .

"As long as Santiago doesnt pick" Felix grumbles.

"Hey! Whats wrong with my movie taste?" Santiago yells.

"You always pick movies only from the 1950s and earlier." Jane explains.

"Fine! how about Polaris picks since she is future queen and all.. however I dont see whats wrong with me liking the classics." Santiago explains.

"I dont have any ideas, how about whoever has not picked the movie recently picks." I say trying to be fair.

"Thats would be me then." Heidi says with a smile and struts over to turn on the tv and browses through movies. Her red eyes lighten up when her eyes fall upon the movie "Beauty and the Beast".

"This is perfect!" She exclaims as she presses play on the animated Disney film.

We all migrate to sit and watch the movie. I end up sitting on the brown couch between Demetri and Jane. The intention of Heidi's choice did not escape me as I watched the tale as old as time. This was a way of Heidi encouraging Caius's and I's relationship.

Watching this movie does make me realize, Caius and the beast do hold quite a few similarities. Both have anger and pride issues to an extreme degree; I guess that comes with being royalty for so long. However where Heidi is wrong is with this comparison is me and Belle. The only thing I think we have in common is that we are stuck in a castle with an angry beast. One being a fur ball and the other a blond asshole. However I would take the fur ball beast any day over the asshole beast I think.

The movie ends with the heart warming ending of all the castle members turning back to their former selves and Belle and Prince Adam (Aka the beast) living happily ever after. Though the ending may be cheesy, it does warm my heart. isn't this whole mate thing supposed to end up like that, happily every after? Sadly not I think. Relationships take work and effort to become happily ever after. Maybe I should give Caius another chance? Damm Heidi's cheesy plan actually worked.

Hey guys! sorry for the sporadic updates. It has been a busy time for me; bright side is I just passed my driver test! Also if any of you need a cover, I just created a cover shop that is open for any requests. Anyways please vote if you liked this chapter and see you next time!