Chapter Eight | A Familiar Face

"One more day until the volturi will be here and I imagine a shit show will ensue when they do get here." I say to Carlisle and he glares at me not to pleased with my choice in vocabulary.

"Im sure everything will work out, They will understand." he responds.

"doubt it" I mutter as I wonder around Carlisles study. Most of the vampires are out hunting right now which I am choosing to ignore that will include people for some vampires right now. Esme is down stairs cooking all the food eaters; otherwise known as Jacob, Reneesme, and yours truly.

As I look over all the old books from varying years in different languages among Carlisles shelfs i ask "How long have you been around Carlisle?" curious to know the answer.

Carlisle smiles at my question and responds "I was born in 1640, London."

"Damm your like the ultimate vamp-pa." I say with a small giggle.

"vamp-pa?" Carlisle asks confused at my dumb play on words.

"Yes, vamp-pa. A vampire grandpa" I explain. Carlisle lets out a small chuckle at my joke finally getting it.

I continue to wonder around the study looking at old objects from different time periods and Carlisle being patient enough to put up with my questions on each item. My eyes finally landed on a painting with three red eyed vampires standing over a group of people as if they were kings. I notice one face looks hauntingly familiar, its the vampires from my dream a couple nights ago; What the fuck!!?!

"Carlisle, who are these men?" I ask in slight distress pointing towards the painting.

Carlisle looks at me worried and confused for my sudden move shift from playful to on edge and panicked. "They are the volturi, I stayed with them for a couple decades to educate them on my diet."

"I think I recognize the blond one... I saw him in a dream some how." I say still panicked. Why the hell would I see a king of vampires in my dream? Something is up and I don't like it.

"The blond king is Caius. He is a rather ruthless and tempered man, who shows no mercy... Its odd you have seen him in a dream, maybe it was just a man who looks a lot like him." Carlisle reasons to me.

I nod my head not wanting to respond, since I am 99.999 percent sure that is the man from my dreams. "How do you think the Volturi will react to me tomorrow.. will they try to kill me?" I ask nervously.

"They will most likely want you to join their ranks, vampires let alone humans with a power as strong as yours are extremely rare. You don't need to worry though Polaris, My family and I have all quickly grown to see you as family, we will make sure you are not forced to join them or turned." Carlisle says.

"Okay, thanks you. You have all been so kind to me.. Im going to go see if Esme is done, I'm starving. I could eat a deer, like you!" I say as I leave the study, still shaken by the familiarity of the Volturi king Caius and the uncertainty of tomorrows events.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter was shorter. Please drop a vote if you liked it, it shows me that people enjoy this piece of crap.