Chapter Ten | An Arrangement

"And even more rare is that Polaris is the mate of no other than Caius.. What a wonderful edition to the volturi you will make Polaris." Aro exclaims.

Everyone besides the three kings is shocked, especially me. Im mated to no other than the cruelest king of vampires, What the fuck!

"No, I don't want to join the volturi or being Caius's mate!" I exclaim angrily.

"You have no choice" Caius says retorts.

Carlisle being the peace keeper he is breaks into the conversation before I can say more. "Perhaps an arrangement could be made where Polaris stays with the Volturi in Italy for a month And when the month is over she can decide to stay or leave."

Aro's chilling smile graces his way onto his face again "Thats a splendid idea. Don't you think Caius?"

"Fine, but you are leaving with us today." Caius says.

"Hold on I did not agree to this yet." I say but am ignored by the vampires.

"Polaris you may go pack your stuff now, we will pick you up at the Cullen residence." Aro says to me ignoring my complaint.

To my surprise Rosalia speaks up "Emmet and I are coming too. I don't trust she will be safe in Volterra."

"You doubt my ability to protect my mate!?!" Caius angrily replies.

Before the two blonds can get into an argument Carlisle breaks it up again. "I think having two familiar faces there with her will make Polaris more comfortable." he reasons.

"No I refuse. trust that my guards and I will protect my mate." Caius argues not listening to Carlisle's reasoning.

Caius gets his way so Im going to Volterra alone; Great. I walk back to the place I thought was going to be my home, just for it to be fricken ruined. I quickly grab my back pack from my guest room and through in all the stuff I think I will need with Rosalie coming into the room to help me.

"thanks for trying to come with me back there." I say to Rosalia.

"Of course, you are one of the first friends I have made in a long time; I never thought I could be friends with a human after how much me and Bella did not get along."

"Same here, I never thought I would be able to get along with vampires and amazingly I have come to be friends or even view some as family in a short amount of time." I say back smiling.

I hug rose and she hugs me back saying goodbye. "make sure to stay in touch and to call me if you don't feel safe." Rose says to me and I nod my head.

I then walk down to the living room of the Cullen household to see all the faces of the vampires I befriended in my time here. I say goodbye to each of them giving hugs to the ones im closest with.

Emmet gives me a big bear hug. "Im going to miss you magnet, no one else finds my jokes funny." Emmets says using a nickname he gave me a couple days ago.

"Im going to miss you too my sarcastic partner in crime." I respond with a small smile.

I then go to hug both Esme and Carlisle. "Im going to miss you guys, thanks for offering to give me a home even though its not working out right now." I say.

"of course, and you are always welcome to stay with us." Esme says and Carlisle agrees.

Before I even know it we all hear a knock on the door and Carlisle vampire speeds to get it. I look to the door to see the core of the volturi; the kings, wife, and main guards. All the other guards must have already started to head back.

Caius says annoyed as always it seems "Is my mate ready to go?"

I walk to the door my backpack slung over my shoulder "I have a name you know, I am not just your mate" I say annoyed.

"Fine Polaris, we are leaving now." Caius responds.

I then walk outside and the thought hits me of how am I going to get to Volterra? I can't use vampire speed like everyone else here. "Umm excuse me how am I supposed to get to Italy?" I ask.

Aro smiles once again and says "We have a plane young Polaris that the important members of the Volturi take. However you will need to be carried by Caius to the plane."

"Oh no, I just met him I don't want him carrying me." I respond and Caius looks slightly annoyed or maybe hurt at my words.

"Well its the only way." Caius responds and I sigh in annoyance and say "Fine."

I walk over to Caius and he picks me up. To my surprise and dismay wherever Caius touches my skin sparks fly. This mate thing is damm powerful and I fucking hate it.

The volturi zoom off to a private plane runway with only one black plane. The Voltui must be loaded to afford this, well I guess they are kings after all. Caius puts me down and I walk wobbling and swaying from being dizzy from the vampire speed. In my dizziness I run into a vampire and almost fall with her catching my hand and helping me stable myself.

I look over the red eyed vampire, she is the women I assume is Aros wife based on how she always stands near him and is dressed in a beautiful queen like dress in a style from hundreds of years ago. She looks kind despite having crimson eyes with dark brown hair, and a young appearance. I decide to try to be nice to her, so I can at least have a friend In Italy maybe.

"im sorry, umm your highness" I say awkwardly not knowing her name. 

She giggles a little and smiles, "Its Sulpicia, and no need to call me any formalities as you are also to became a queen."

"Its nice to meet you Sulpicia." I say as we reach the stairs leading up the the plane.

"Its nice a pleasure to meet you as well." Sulpicia responds as Aro walks to us to be near his mate.

"I see you have met my mate Polaris, Im glad you get along as you will be spending a lot of time with her." Aro says and then kisses Sulpicia's cheek.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask confused as to why I will spend so much time with Sulpicia.

"Caius will explain all this to you on the plane ride to Italy." Aro says before zooming off leaving no time for any more questions.

I then begin to walk up the stairs with Caius, Marcus and then the guards following me. This is going to one interesting flight.

Thanks for reading, Please vote if you liked it! I am picturing Sulpicia to be played by Adelaide Kane in this story. Just as a heads up as new character come into the story who do not already have a face claim in the movies I will be adding their face claims at the bottom of chapters they first are introduced in.

 Just as a heads up as new character come into the story who do not already have a face claim in the movies I will be adding their face claims at the bottom of chapters they first are introduced in