Chapter One

Ancient Egypt; thousands of years ago

The King's mistress Tiye was in love with King Ramses III advisor Imhotep. They were willing to risk anything, even life itself for love. But one day King Ramses walked into a chamber and found his guards guarding a door " What are you doing here?" he ordered. The guards did not reply; he continued walking only to discover Tiye's and to see her makeup smudged. "Who has touched you?" he angrily pointed at her. Tiye looked guiltily at Ramses. He turned around only to find his advisor Imhotep behind him. Imhotep grabbed the pharaoh's sword and little did Ramses know Tiye was holding a dagger behind him. Tiye plunged the dagger into Ramses he was slowly dying yo put him out of his misery Imhotep dug the sword into his side and with that Ramses uttered his last words " Imhotep my own advisor". The King's guards looked on with absolute horror as they saw their King cry for help. Suddenly the pharoh's bodyguards banged on the doors of the chamber. Tiye and Imhotep fled only following the stars only to be captured by the guards. " Only you can resurrect me Imhotep" she shouted as they were being dragged away from each other and with that she grabbed her dagger and plunged it into her. Imhotep looked on with horror seeing the love of his life die like that. He would resurrect Tiye as he promised. Imhotep managed to escape. He brought Tiye's lifeless body with him to the Valley of the Kings into a tomb he had a book in his hand which was believed to bring back people from the dead. Tiye's vital organs were removed and placed in canopic jars, a ritual common in ancient Egypt. Imhotep started reading the book which sounded like some ancient ritual and with that Tiye came back to life. The pharaoh's body guards surrounded the tomb and captured Imhotep but he was stopped before the ritual could be completed and he witnessed Tiye's soul leave her body. Imhotep and his followers were condemned to be mummified alive. The screams of his followers filled the tomb as they were mummified alive. Imhotep was given the worst of the lot. His tongue was cut off and was wrapped in mummifying cloth. He could not scream or cry out for help as his tongue was cut off. They placed him in a sarcophagus. Egyptian cobras and beetles were placed in the sarcophagus and sealed for him to remain there for eternity. The bedouin tribe vowed never to open the sarcophagus of Imhotep for fear he would awaken, rise from the dead and be a threat to mankind. In 1923 Egypt fought for independence from Britain and fought over the land without realising the evil that had been buried underneath. The Bedouin defended and protected the tomb of Imhotep for thousands of years until the Americans invaded Egypt looking for gold in the Valley of the Kings wanting more power and greed I guess drove them further into the Nile Delta. The Bedouin on their horses were ready to attack the American's who were carrying nothing other than a standard rifle.