Chapter Five

Three weeks later:

Becca and James headed to the Valley of the Kings to conduct a dig. She couldn't believe that she was finally doing a dig here. They got out of the car and they were awed by the majestic nature of the Valley. " We'll begin our dig over there in between those two hills" James stated. They began digging for hours finding nothing but a few plates and bowls( ancient Egyptian not modern ones). " Becca, look at the entrance" James shouted excitedly. Becca ran towards her brother. " What could it be an entrance to?" James questioned. " Only people of importance are buried at the Valley of the Kings James".

The dig continued for weeks until the full entrance was clear. " We have to get confirmation from the ministers in Cairo that we can continue digging," Becca stated. " Why is there always some catch with these digs?" James uttered. " Good things come to those who wait and after all patience is a virtue a characteristic you do not have" Becca responded. After a few weeks Becca and James got the response they wanted. " Are you ready to go into the chamber Becca?".She nodded. They went into the chamber hoping that they would find something worthwhile. Becca looked at the hieroglyphs on the walls " Here lies the tomb of Ramses III". They knocked down a wall to get into what they hoped where the tomb would be but there was nothing absolutely empty. " How is this possible? How could there be nothing? " James retorted. " I dunno James possibly tomb robbers got here before us". The tomb was completely empty, not even a sarcophagus was not present. James didn't have to look at Becca's facial expression to tell how disappointed she was. " Becca look here a map, maybe this can tell us where the tomb of Ramses III is?" " James, I don't think we can go any further with this expedition". " Becca did any great leader ever give up on their dreams, did Martin Luther King give up on the civil rights movement when things got tough?, no he kept going and that's what we are going to do" James excitedly said. " Great motivational speech James considering every debate you were in you lost but I don't think I can continue with this" Becca angrily pointed out. James took one look at the map and began looking at the hieroglyphs " Becca look that looks like Qarafa the ancient city of the dead ".