Chapter Three

Three years later: Cairo, Egypt

Rebecca was working at the museum of antiquities in Cairo and she was working in the library section. Becca was sorting out the books until she saw a book about Cleopatra. " You shouldn't be here. You should be over here". She turned around and saw the letter C on the bookshelf. She grabbed the book on the shelf behind her and as she turned around abruptly she accidentally knocked the bookshelf and with that all of the bookshelves fell like dominoes . For a while Becca completely forgot what just happened and began to think about Cleopatra, someone who she admired for being the last female pharaoh. She didn't allow any man, no matter who he was, to rule her, She was independent minded, took difficult decisions, and accepted the consequences,She has outlived most leaders from that era, at least in the history books and public imagination and She was never more magnificent yet tragic in her life than in choice of her death. Whoever learns about it, could ever forget it?.

Becca was suddenly taken away from her daydream and brought back to reality " Rebecca Robertson, the gods could have given me anything but they bring me you, yes you are talented and knowledgeable but this mess" her manager screamed at her even though there was a whispering policy at the library. " I'm very sorry Sir, I didn't mean to knock everything" was all Becca could say at that moment she was upset if not kicking herself. How could she be so clumsy she thought. " When Ramses destroyed Syria, that was an accident. You are a bad omen, just look at my library . I wonder why I didn't get rid of you sooner, I wonder why I ever hired you". " Mainly because I can read and write Egyptian hieroglyphs and I can speak both English and Arabic and many more languages. After all I did a degree in both world languages and Archeology". "I put up with you because your parents were our largest contributor.I don't care how long it takes to fix this mess you will do it do you understand me Miss Robertson" " Yes, Sir I will clean it up" Becca replied. Mr Hassan left in a huff. He was old fashioned but he always meant well this was the angriest she had ever seen him. As she began cleaning up the mess she made she saw a light flicker in the room next door where all the artefacts were kept. " Hello is anyone there?" she called out. She grabbed a torch that was near the entrance and decided to take a look in the dark room. " Mr Hassan?" she called out praying it was him and not some intruder. She heard a noise coming from a sarcophagus which made her jump. She was terrified she decided to go ahead and open it. She opened the lid and a mummy jumped out on top of her, screaming at the top of her lungs she took a step back. Her brother James hopped out and started to laugh hysterically. " You have no respect for the dead James" Becca angrily stated. " I do Becca, I sometimes wished I'd join them" He jokingly said which didn't amuse his sister one bit. " I wish you would join them sooner rather than later James. A failed career seems to run in the family with both you and me". " My sweet baby sister you highly underestimate me because at this exact moment in time". Becca cut him short " James I'm not in the mood I just destroyed Mr Hassan's beautiful library and the University of Montreal has just rejected my application to be a professor in Archeology stating I'm too young or something ". " You always have me and our parents to fall back on" James interrupted. " Besides I have just the thing to cheer you up"