Chapter nine

It was Peter. " Ah my good friend what a surprise to see you. You're alive I was so very worried for you " Peter nervously uttered. " Well if it ain't my little buddy Peter. I think I'll kill you" Jac held up a gun to Peter. " Think of my children" Peter pleaded. " You don't have any" Jac laughed. " Someday I might" Peter added. " Shut up Peter. So you're the one leading the other Americans and Irish and Scots so what's the scam there you're gonna lead them into the desert and you leave them there to rot". " Unfortunately not these guys are smart. They pay me only half now and half for when we get them back to Cairo so this time I must go the whole way. You never believed in Qarafa, Williams so why are you going back?" Peter stated. " You see the girl over there. Ms. Robertson she saved my neck". " Women always had looks over brains" Peter laughed. " Peter that's not true they have both." Jac grabbed Peter and threw him overboard. " Bye Peter". Jac looked on the wooden deck and saw footprints.

Meanwhile:

Becca walked around her room reading wuthering heights "I have just returned from a visit to my landlord – the solitary neighbour that I shall be troubled with". " Oh for god sakes Rebecca it wasn't that good a kiss" she blurted out. Becca bent down to pick up a book that had fallen as she looked in the mirror she saw a member of the Abābdah tribe with a gun pointing at her. " Where is the map?" he asked her. She pointed to where it was in her room. " And the key?". At that moment Jac came in with two guns and pointed it at the man. He shot him in the leg and the candle in her room fell onto the floor setting the room on fire. Jac grabbed Becca and grabbed the map and key making a run for it. They went towards the ledge of the boat. " Can you swim?" Jac shouted. " Yes of course I can" Becca shouted back at him, unable to hear herself because of all the gun fire . Jac threw Becca overboard. Ibrahim ran out to Jac. " Williams what are we going to do?". Jac jumped overboard and Ibrahim decided to do the same. James was running around the ship trying to decide what to do when he saw the group of Americans fighting back. " Typical" he stated. Then one of the tribesmen attacked him. Byrne shot him. " Bloody good shot and did I panic not one bit" James laughed and then like the others decided to jump overboard. They all swam ashore to find Peter on the other side of the river. " Williams it looks to me like I've got all the horses" Peter cackled almost like a witch. " Hey Peter, It looks to me like you're on the wrong side of the river" he laughed.