Chapter six

A week later:

" Come, welcome to Cairo prison" the prison guard said. " You said you found it on a dig down in Thebes" Becca angrily whispered to her older brother James. " I lie to everybody, what makes you so special?" James uttered. " I am your sister" " Well that just makes you more gullible" James laughed. So you took it off this guy. James that's stealing" Becca was furious with her brother; it was evident by her mannerism and her facial expressions. " So what is this man in prison for" Becca courageously asked. " I do not know exactly what he was in prison for but when I asked him myself he said he was looking for a good time".

Two prison guards grabbed Jac and threw him outside. Becca and James looked on with absolute horror. " So this is the man you stole it off?" Becca curiously asked her brother. " Who are you?" Jac curiously asked. " Well I'm James. I'm from Canada and this is my younger sister Rebbecca". " Ask him about the box" James whispered into Becca's ear making sure the prisoner didn't hear what they were saying. " We both found your puzzle box and we've come to ask you about it" Becca questioned. " No, let me get this straight. You came to me to ask me about Qarafa because I was there. That was where I found it" Jac pleaded. " How do we know that this isn't a load of bullshit?" James queried. " Do I know you from somewhere?" Jac catechized. " No, No. I just have one of those familiar faces" James declared nervously. Jac immediately recognised James and punched him in the face. Becca stepped over her brother to ask Jac a question " You were actually at Qarafa?". " Yeah I was there" Jac laughed. " Can you absolutely swear that you were there hand on heart?" Becca queried. " I was there at the city of the dead, " Jac retorted. " Could you tell me how to get there" she asked unaware that her brother was suffering from the blow to his face and was still lying on the ground as if Jac had killed him. " Do you really want to know. I will tell you come closer" Jac grabbed onto Becca and kissed her. " If you really want to go there. Then get me the hell out of here" he added. Guards came and took him away into his cell. " Where are they taking him? " Becca asked. '' To be hung. Apparently he had a very good time" the prison manager said.

The guards brought Jac outside to the courtyard in Cairo to be hung. " I will give you 100 dollars to save this man" Becca blurted out. " I would pay 100 dollars to see this man hung" The prison guard laughed. " Any last requests Jac?" the prison guard asked. " To loosen the noose of this and free me" Jac stated. " 500 dollars," Becca stated. The prison manager looked at Becca. " 500 and what else? You see I am a very lonely man" he laughed. Becca was horrified by the statement. " He knows the location of Qarafa." she remarked hoping it would persuade him to let Jac go. " Are you telling me this filthy man knows where to find the city of the dead?". " Yes, he does and if you let him go we will give you 20% of what we find". " No,No that won't do 50%". " 30 percent" Becca queried. " 25%" the manager foolishly stated. " Deal" Becca retorted. The manager only realised his foolishness and idiocy. " Cut him down now"