Chapter Two

Some of the American troops began to desert their posts leaving only Jac and 50 soldiers. Jac saw his commander leave his post " The Bloody bastard" he said to Peter. As the Bedouin's advanced further Peter became more and more uneasy by the second and decided to make a run for it. " Peter, not you too?. You absolute coward" Jac shouted at Peter who was now running for his life. " Every man for himself Jac". At the start the American soldiers were successful and weren't outnumbered anymore but then more and more American soldiers were shot or decided to leave their post like Peter. As the Bedouin advanced further into American territory Jac spotted Peter. " Peter get inside the temple" Jac shouted desperately. Jac quickly sprinted up the steps of the temple only to find Peter had shut the door on him. Jac ran to a narrow corner of where the columns were only to be outnumbered by Bedouin's on horses it was 6 to 1. Jac continued to run until there was a large stone in front of him standing upright he could not advance further.The Bedouin's held up a gun in front of him. All of a sudden the Bedouin's were knocked off their horses and once Jac opened his eyes they had all vanished. Jac was rather confused by their actions he looked around him, suspecting someone behind had scared them off. Jac began to hear voices, no he wasn't hallucinating or going insane " Awake in peace great god" Jac looked all around him " No I am not going insane" he thought to himself. Terror began to take control of Jac. He pulled a gun out but no one was there. Jac began to run into the desert. The Bedouin chief watched on from a distance. " What of this one?" a follower asked " Should we kill him" another asked. Jac sensed someone was watching him. He was right about this; he turned around only to discover a few members of the Bedouin tribe were watching him. " Let the desert kill him" the chief laughed. Jac was only left to his thoughts as he trekked through the desert all he could think of was that he was going to kill Peter when he next sees him. Not literally but metaphorically. Peter was going to get a right thrashing after all it is what he deserves. He couldn't believe he considered Peter a friend, some friend he was deserting him like that leaving him out to die. It was probably due to Peter's policy of Every man for himself I guess.