Chapter Ten

The next day

" No I do not want the whole herd of camels I only want 4" James shouted at the man selling him camels. " He's not deaf James, would you just pay him the amount of money?" Jac sighed. " Fine I just think this is an extortionate amount for this fleabag" James added. They made their way into the desert. " I never did like camels, filthy buggers they are. They smell, they bite and they spit. They are disgusting " James articulated. " I think they are adorable" Becca laughed at the disgust of her brother.

They travelled day and night to travel to Qarafa. Meanwhile the Bedouin tribe watched from afar at the four travelling through the desert " This one is strong" The Bedouin's leader said to five other followers. When they arrived they saw Peter there with Donovan and Byrne and a few other Americans. " Hey Williams. Nice camel" Peter laughed. " Hey Peter some of the money will go to you if we win the bet" Byrne cackled almost like an evil witch over her cauldron. The sun began to set and out of the desert emerged Qarafa " Would you look at that" Donovan said. The race began Peter and Jac were ahead of the others and were already fighting each other. Peter began whipping Jac with a camel whip which Jac responded to by dragging Peter to the ground. " And it serves you right," Becca laughed. Becca and Jac arrived at Qarafa " That's the statue of Anubis they say beneath this the book of Amun-ra will lie beneath " What are you doing with those mirrors" James questioned his sister. " You see these are ancient egyptian mirrors and there is a trick with these" she replied. Jac handed her some tools " I figured you might need these" " Well thank you". Jac smiled at her causing her to blush.