Chapter Twelve

( Becca P.O.V)

" The secret compartment should be somewhere here" I mumbled. Suddenly we heard a loud noise. It almost sounded like a swooping noise or someone was moving quite quickly behind us whatever it was it freaked us out so much Jac held up a gun. We all grabbed a gun and held it up. We turned around and we let out a scream. It was only Donovan and Byrnes and the Americans. " You scared us there" Donovan exclaimed with a sigh of relief. " Well thanks for scaring the hell out of us Williams" Peter exclaimed. " Likewise ,Peter likewise" Jac had immense hatred for Peter which confused me a little. " Well have a nice day gentlemen we best be getting on with our work" I announced making sure we kept the peace because I felt like they were going to strangle each other at any given moment. " Well clear off this is our dig site" Byrnes declared. " Excuse me! We got here first if you recall" James commented without sounding condescending . " This is our statue" Donovan declared, putting his foot on it almost like a Roman leader after their army's victory at battle. " Well I don't see your name on it Donovan" Jac stated. " There are only four of you and fifteen of us Williams" Peter cackled. " For goodness sake let's be nice and not behave like children. If we are going to play together. We must learn to share" I announced hoping it would change some of their minds. " There are other places to dig" I whispered to Jac. Well Jac listened to me so we moved to another location in the underground passageways. " According to the hieroglyphs we are underneath the statue" I stated. " When those damn bastards are asleep we will dig our way up and claim what is rightfully ours" James insisted. " Are you sure we can find this secret compartment thing?" Jac vocalized. " I hope Donovan and the others haven't beaten us to it" I replied. "By the way where did our friend Ibrahim get to?" James laughed sarcastically.