Chapter Four

James handed Becca a small object neither of them had ever seen before. " Where on earth did you get this?" Becca questioned her brother. " On a dig near the Valley of the Kings. Please tell me I found something that is of some historical value" James pleaded anxiously awaiting his sister's verdict. " You finally have found something of historical importance James" Becca replied as excited as a child. James and Becca hurriedly went to Mr Hassan to show him the map that was inside the trinket. " You see at the top it has an official royal seale. I'm sure of it." " Perhaps" Mr Hassan replied. " Two questions, who was the pharaoh who signed off on this and was he rich?". " The pharaoh was Ramses the III. Yes, like most Egyptian pharaoh's he was rich beyond your wildest dreams. He was a wise one and he was the second ruler of the Twentieth dynasty. He is considered the greatest leader of the New Kingdom and one of the richest pharaohs of all time " Becca added " I like the sound of him" James added. James could say the stupidest things sometimes. I mean after all he was murdered by his mistress whom he loved dearly and thought she loved him back and his advisor and whom he considered to be his dearest friend Imhotep. " I have already dated the map and it is 3,000 years old. If you look there you can see the Valley of the Kings this points to where he was buried". " The Valley has been dug out there is no more tombs left; they have either been vandalised or found" Mr Hassan rebuked he had already been annoyed by Becca's clumsiness but admired her stubbornness and how headstrong she was. " In all fairness Sir, that's what they said to Howard Carter yet he still found Tutankhamun's tomb" Becca added. " You are scholars not treasure hunters. Nevertheless I will allow you permission to do a dig in the Valley of the Kings". James and Becca looked at each other; they had accomplished what they had set out to achieve in life and did a dig in the Valley of the Kings.