8: b⃣i⃣r⃣b⃣

how you ended up agreeing to a "date" with overhaul was beyond your expectation

how you ended up agreeing to a "date" with overhaul was beyond your expectation. it was suppose to be a simple play date for eri and toga but as you realized, you couldn't let him drop her off at the base.

thus, you both agreed to meet at the park. sitting on the bench, overhaul joined you while eri and your four little ones went to go play on the playground or sandbox.

at first shigaraki and twice didn't want to leave. but after giving them a kiss on their forehead and promising you'll be waiting here, they ran off.

"im sorry i forgot to ask last time, but what're their names?"

"the one with red hair is todo. the one with blonde hair is jin. the one with blue hair is tenko. and you already know himi".

"what's your real name?", he asked. you hesitated, wondering if you should answer honestly or just lie.

"(l/n) (y/n). you?"

"chisaki kai".

silence, as you watched the kids play and laugh. looking at each kid, you stopped to remember something that you've always wanted to do since the first time you've met shigaraki.

'i need to buy him lots of lotion and chapstick', you thought.

chisaki glanced at you. usually he hated going out with eri but kurono and the rest had a task to do, which was why he was at the beach that one time.

he knew you weren't quirkless, but yet you seemed tolerable. he wondered if the kids have quirks. perhaps one of them was untainted by the disease of the world.

"have they developed their quirks yet?"

"some. im still waiting on two more. yours?", you replied.

"yes. eri has a fine quirk. she's very helpful".

you didn't know what to make of that sentence. 'helpful?? what the hell does that mean?'

after a while of playing, you decided that it was finally time to head home. the sun was blazing and you didn't feel like passing out, out of heat stroke.

"say. how about we schedule a play date between them at my house next time?", chisaki asked. you saw no reason to turn it down so you just nodded and waved goodbye.

"mommy, are you sure you don't like mr.overhaul?", toga asked.

"yes, yes im sure".

"then why'd he invite you over to his house?"

"so you, eri, and the boys can play", you responded with a smile.

"mhmmm".

you choked. 'where did she learn to sass me like that?'

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ yeet █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

the next day after lessons, you decided to watch over toga as she wanted to show you something.

taking out a small box from under their shared bed, she gave it to you, wanting you to open it.

peeking inside the box, you saw a little bird. except blood was splattered everywhere. if you had been normal, you probably would've screamed or been shooketh. however, you aren't, so you just patted toga's head and smiled.

"a bird??"

"yeah!" she looked at you expectantly, as if waiting for you to say something.

"are you repulsed?", she suddenly asked after a moment of silence.

"why would i be?"

"daddy and mommy has always wanted me to be normal. everyone, wanted me to be normal".

as much as you wanted to pry and ask how much she remembered, you decided that it'd be best to comfort her first.

"normal is boring. be whoever and whatever you want himiko", you said while giving her a smile.

looking up at you, eyes wide, she gave you a genuine smile. it'd be an understatement to say that she loves you even more now.

"say, can i have some of your blood? i think you'll look even prettier mommy!!"

you sighed before shaking your head to indicate no. she's definitely starting to act more and more like the older toga.

after a while, an incoming call came in. you looked at your phone, it read: kurogiri