13: p⃣a⃣r⃣e⃣n⃣t⃣

this was not the type of fun you were expecting

this was not the type of fun you were expecting. in fact, this was not fun at all.

you were currently sitting in front of midoriya inko, who was writing what you said, down on a piece of paper. while the kids were playing with blocks on the floor beside you.

"i'm sorry to pry, but you're currently single?", she asked.

"yes! my ex-husband was a MAJOR germaphobe and he wouldn't stop complaining to me about how messy i was. it's really hard to keep clean with four kids, ya know?", you complained.

"o-oh yes! definitely. and don't worry, i'm a single mom too", midoriya-san said.

"we women need to unite!", you said, trying to be all inspirational and stuff.

"a-ah yes yes! n-now, if you don't mind. could you tell me a bit of you and your kids' home life? it'll better help me understand how to work with them", the green-haired woman said.

"ahhh yes. well, you see....we live in a beautiful mansion and everyday it's a blessing to—"

"why're you lying mom? we live in a bar—"

you quickly covered dabi's mouth, sitting him on your lap. awkwardly chuckling, you then said, "don't mind him, he has an imaginative mind".

inko nodded as she quickly scribbled down what you had just said. while she was writing, you whispered to dabi.

"behave and I'll buy you that devil action figure that you like so much".

"deal". dabi plopped off your lap and went back to playing with blocks.

inko looked up as asked the next question. "how would you describe your kids, if you could, in one word?"

"let's start with shiga—tenko! tenko, he's like a human version of a hermit". shigaraki looked up and pouted, however you ignored it.

"and todo. he's the literal definition of a devil. if he causes any trouble for you, don't hesitate to gently smack him on the head". dabi glared at you, but resumed back to playing since he was promised an action figure.

"oh! and himi is a little wacko but don't mind half the things she says. especially if she's asking for blood, just give her some cranberry juice".

inko slowly nodded her head, hoping the last description would be more normal than the rest.

"and finally my sweet baby jin! he's an absolute sweetheart! i do hope you help him and tenko make more friends though", you said, ending your monologue of all the children.

"t-that's great!! but ms. nise, please refrain from saying that about your children, especially in front of them. or else they might grow up to be self-deprecating humans", inko nicely said.

"you'd be surprised", you mumbled underneath your breath.

"i-i'm sorry, what?"

"oh no!! nothing, you're very right, i agree".

"well, in that case, let's move on to the next topic then. in this preschool, our principal highly believes in parent-kid relationships. so we offer an option in which the parent or parents can join us for class everyday", inko said, smiling.

"PLEASE JOIN MOMMY!!!", toga pleaded as she ran over to you, clutching to your leg tightly.

you thought for a moment, what would be the worst that could happen? plus, you had nothing better to do in the mornings so you might as well.

"sure!"

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ yeet █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

turns out, most adults had a job, so you and another kid's dad were the only other adults in the classroom, other than inko.

"welcome class! today, we have two parents with us. would y'all mind introducing yourselves?" inko smiled.

all eyes were on you and the man. the man looked at you as you looked at him. he cleared his throat and decided to introduce himself first.

"hi, my name is todoroki hiro. and i am the father of todoroki zenko".

you looked over at the little boy that was sitting in front of his father. he was pretty cute. snow white hair and bright blue eyes.

'hm...todoroki...bruh—'

"ahem", inko coughed.

"o-oh, it's my turn. sorry! hey guys! my name is nise (y/n). and i'm the mother of tenko, todo, himi, and jin!"

now it was silent. awkwardly silent. you internally panicked. 'did i say something wrong??'

"alright!! thank you two for being here. today, we will be starting with an ice breaker game called quirk guessing!!", said inko.

"who would like to volunteer first?"

toga immediately stood up, raising her hand. "ooohhh can i, can i??", she asked.

inko happily answered. "of course himi. why don't you come to the front and give us two clues about your quick?"

"ummm, my quirk has to do with blood, people, and animals!!", she excitedly said.

most of the kids in the room had a disgusted face. if not, a concerned one for sure. only dabi, shigaraki, and twice were chilling, waiting for others to guess.

one boy raised his hand confidently and said, "EASY!! you must have a shape shifting quirk, and you have to have its blood to do it!", the kid boasted proudly.

toga clapped as she went over to the little boy. "good job!!", she praised as she patted his hair. he immediately swatted her hand away, then proceeding to say, "don't touch me, you nerd!"

toga only giggled and skipped back to her seat. you took note of that behavior and realized that it definitely reminded you of someone.

"alright, thank you himi! any students want to go up next?", inko asked.

the boy that toga patted went up next. he had spiky dirty blonde hair and maroon eyes that would look like shigaraki's if they were any lighter.

"my name is bakugo taro! my quirk is..."

you zoned out, completely now.

'bakugo...bakugo....are you actually shitting me right now?!'