One

It was one of the coldest days of the year, and what way to better warm yourself than cuddling up with the man you love? At least, that sounded like a good idea to Alain.

Too bad Roman didn't seem to agree.

"Can't you put the pen down for a few minutes? We hardly get to see each other and you're spending our time together working" Alain said sourly as he gazed at Roman from his place on the couch.

While it was true that Roman had been working for quite some time, it was only so that he could get it out the way. He too wanted to focus on spending time with Alain but only if he could finish these last pages he had left.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just want to finish this up and then I'll give you all the attention you want" Roman said as he looked to Alain with an apologetic smile.

Alain just nodded even though his impatience was eating at him. The two were pretty busy with Alain working on his books and Roman having his own work to deal with. Their schedules hardly matched up and when it finally did, Alain jumped at the chance to spend his day off with Roman.

Alain tried a lot of different things to make the time go faster. He'd watch videos, play games on his phone, or even just opted for staring at Roman which he'd been reprimanded for each time but nothing seemed to make time speed up.

"Alright, Alain, I'm- oh..." When Roman looked over to Alain, he saw that the younger male was fast asleep next to him.

Roman gave a small sigh as he reached over and pushed some of the hair out of Alain's face.

"I'm sorry..." Roman whispered. He didn't think his work would take that long but it must have if Alain ended up falling asleep.

He decided as another apology to place a small kiss on Alain's forehead but Roman was surprised when Alain's eyes opened and captured his lips instead.

"Y-You...weren't asleep?" Roman said and a mischievous grin found its way to Alain's face.

"Mmm, I was...sorta" he said.

'So that means you weren't...this guy' Roman thought to himself.

"You're finally finished right?" Alain said but didn't wait for an answer as he grabbed Roman into his arms and situated then so that they were spooning on the couch. Roman's face went a bright red when finding himself in the sudden position.

"Why am I the little spoon...?" Roman muttered and Alain chuckled.

"Just let me hug you. I've been so lonely...I missed you so much" Alain said into Roman's shoulder and he inhaled deeply, not wanting to forget Roman's scent for even a second. It made him feel calm, when he was usually stressed because of the deadlines he had.

"I missed you too..." Roman whispered and Alain smiled.

"It must have been hard for you to be away from me for so long, right?" Alain asked and Roman just rolled his eyes at the confident statement but he decided to play along for once.

Roman turned his body so that they were now facing each other and Alain's eyes widened a little when feeling Roman's warm touch on his cheek.

"Yes, it was very hard. Sometimes, I'd even find myself unable to sleep properly because of it" Roman said as he gazed right into Alain's eyes, knowing that the younger male wouldn't be able to handle his sudden affectionate words.

Roman's guesses were right as Alain's face lit up in flames and he chuckled as Alain buried his head in his neck.

"That's not fair..." Alain muttered and Roman just hummed as he stroked Alain's hair.

After a while, this time, Alain really did fall asleep.