Nine

Alain could feel the bead of sweat drip down his back as he sat in his seat nervously. The glare that Kade was drilling into the side of his head was completely nerve wracking but he was even more nervous as he sat right in front of Roman's father.

It had been quite some time since Alain and Roman had started dating and Arthur insisted that he finally bring Alain to the house for a proper dinner. While Roman didn't have much of a problem, Alain was melting into a puddle of sweat in his seat.

This was after all, his first time meeting Roman's father. From what Roman told him, he should have had no problem coming to dinner and chatting but for some reason Alain just felt nervous all over.

Alain let his eyes dart around as he looked at Roman's other siblings that were in attendance.

Lance was eating his food silently while Max and Ares were on their phones. Lucas was scarfing down his food as usual not even caring about the guest in the room and Alain refused to look at Kade in fear of accidentally making eye contact with the man.

Alain's eyes flickered to the youngest Spencer and was surprised to see that she was already staring at him. Alain had grown a little weary when Ceres continued to stare at him, void of any emotion on her face. She was silently judging him without giving it away but Alain knew so he just averted his eyes down to his plate.

The only thing distracting him from all this was the food, Kade had made it and while Alain thought he probably poisoned his food, he was pleasantly surprised at the taste. And glad that there was no poison.

Unless it kicked in later...

Feeling a grip on his knee, Alain looked to Roman who in turn gave him a reassuring smile and Alain felt his body relax a little.

He could get through this.

Thankfully, as the dinner continued, Arthur had only asked Alain simple questions such as his occupation and goals for the future and whatnot.

Alain found it much easier to answer those questions since he's always had to answer those kinds of questions.

The dinner ended without any problems and soon enough, Alain was being shown to the door.

"Thanks for coming. I know it wasn't the most interesting dinner, but it's a start. They'll warm up to you" Roman said as they walked out the door.

Roman had planned to drive Alain home since that was how Alain got to their house. Alain didn't have a license or a car because he preferred walking over driving.

"It's fine..." Alain muttered but truthfully he felt the dinner would have went much smoother if Kade wasn't sending him death glares the entire time.

"You alright?" Roman asked as he noticed the tired look that crossed Alain's face.

"Yeah, just a little tired. It is late after all" Alain said and Roman nodded.

Out of nowhere, Roman leaned down and pressed a quick kiss to Alain's cheek and Alain's brows went up in surprise.

"What was that for?" He asked and Roman shrugged.

"Just felt like it" he said and Alain gave a tired smirk.

"If you're gonna kiss me, don't you think on the lips is better?" He said as he stepped up to Roman. Just before he could press his lips to Roman's, a yell reached his ears.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!"

"Kade?! Get away from the window!"

The two looked over and saw Ares hauling Kade away from the window and they both just looked at each other.

"He's gonna die from high blood pressure one day or something..." Roman muttered and Alain just let out a chuckle.

Guess his kiss would have to wait until he got home.