Four

"Roman...can I ask you something?" Alain said slowly as he looked over to his partner that was lying next to him.

"Sure. What is it?" Roman muttered sleepily. It wasn't too early in the morning but the two were just feeling lazy this morning as they rested.

Alain bit his lip as he tried to form the next couple of words in his head but it was hard and when seeing how long it was taking for Alain to speak, Roman looked down at him.

"Alain...?" Roman asked as he looked into Alain's face. He was surprised when he saw the sad look on Alain's face. It had worried him instantly and in a second, any tiredness that had held onto him before was completely gone.

"I-I'm sorry...it's nothing" Alain muttered. He felt too embarrassed to tell Roman how he was actually feeling in that moment even though he knew he shouldn't be.

In all honesty, Alain felt like he knew close to nothing about Roman yet he felt so strongly about him. Despite them being together for a couple of months, he still felt like he didn't really know Roman.

It made Alain feel at a distance from Roman, as if even though they were physically touching, emotionally, they were not reaching one another.

"You wouldn't look so sad if it were nothing" Roman said with a frown.

"It's just...I kind of feel like I don't know too much about you and whenever you aren't here, it's as if I no longer have any kind of contact with you since we're always so busy...I'm sorry if this annoys you" Alain said as he kept his eyes trained on the pillow next to him.

Roman's eyes widened when hearing Alain's lonesome words. Roman had always held others at a distance but he guessed that he'd been so accustomed to doing such things that he ended up doing it to the one person he wanted to be closer to.

Making up his mind, Roman made Alain sit up in front of him and Alain looked at Roman curiously.

"My full name is Roman Evans Spencer, I'm 25 years old, my birthday is December 5th, my blood type is AB, and my-"

"W-Wait! You don't have to-" Alain tried to stop the sudden information spew from Roman, but Roman wasn't having any of it as he silenced Alain with a single look.

"No, I will continue because I never want you to feel as if we are strangers. I still can't believe you've felt this way all this time" Roman said as he felt a pang of guilt run through him since he knew that it was technically his fault that Alain was feeling the way he felt.

"Don't blame yourself...I mean, I know there's still a lot we don't know about each other but I want to learn everything about you and trust me, it doesn't have to be right this second. It's more fun learning these things along the way, don't you think?" Alain finished with a smile at the end.

He was glad that Roman wasn't making fun of him for his insecurity and instead was quick to address it and was even willing to sit there and bare his entire life story to him. Alain truly couldn't believe how lucky he got to have met someone like Roman.

Seeing the smile on Alain's face, Roman let one reach his lips as well as he reached over and placed a chaste kiss on his forehead.

"That's fine but if you ever feel like it's taking too long, you can just ask me all the things you want to know about me. I'll answer all your questions as best as I can" Roman said and Alain gave a hum.

"Is that so? Then tell me all of your weak spots, right now please~" Alain said as he smiled innocently and Roman just shook his head.

This guy truly only had a one track mind at times but Roman would let it slide for today as he indulged in the fact that Alain was no longer sad.