Three

Alain was currently irritated, very irritated.

Ever since Roman had left for his company retreat he'd been that way. Even though there were times where the two could not see each other, they usually called one another so it was bearable.

However, Alain didn't want to disturb Roman's vacation so he had refrained from calling him which has only ended up in Alain being upset.

Alain let out a short sigh.

He had hoped that Roman would be the one unable to live without him but it seems that Alain ended up being the one who couldn't live without Roman...

"Alain?" When hearing someone call his name, Alain turned and saw one of the people who worked in the office approaching him.

The guy's name was Ian and Alain normally had short conversations about work with him every now and then. Nothing too friendly but of course there were times where they greeted one another.

"You look upset, not getting enough sleep or something?" Ian asked with a short chuckle as the two walked to the elevator.

"Yeah...something like that" Alain grumbled while stepping into the elevator with a frown still clear on his face.

It was very late and Alain just wanted to get home and pig out on junk food. Sadly, he was now being forced to have a pointless conversation with someone he hardly spoke with.

Alain's phone buzzed in his pocket and when seeing that it was a text from Roman, his frown was immediately replaced with a soft smile as he responded to the text.

"Now that's a smile if I've ever seen you have one. Talking to your girl?" Ian asked as he noticed that Alain's pissed off mood had done a total 360°.

"Not a girl" Alain said curtly as he looked up from his phone and he frowned when seeing the distasteful look on Ian's face.

"You dirty dog, haha! I get that the job is stressful and all but has your standards really dropped so low that you'd fuck anything willing with a hole for some release?" Ian said and Alain narrowed his eyes dangerously at the man.

"Well, I get that, you're still young. You youngsters-" Before Ian could even finish the rest of his sentence Alain had grabbed a fistful of his shirt and brought their faces close.

"If you ever say anything like that to me again or to anyone in this office, I will make sure that you never step foot in here again" Alain said and released the pale looking Ian who was surely scared out of his wits by Alain's sudden hostility.

Once the elevator door opened, Alain was quick to leave the closed space. He couldn't believe that people had the nerve to say things like that as if it were any of their business. Ian was lucky that Alain didn't end up punching him for what he had said, although he deserved it.

As soon as Alain got home to his empty apartment, he was quick to make a beeline for the freezer and grabbed out the small pint of strawberry ice cream.

Roman would definitely scold him for eating ice cream before a proper meal but seeing as Roman wasn't here to do it, Alain did what he wanted but even as he looked at the delicious treat in his hands, Alain found himself no longer wanting to eat it.

This was truly one of the worst weeks of his life.

Feeling his phone buzz in his pocket, Alain took his time to grab it and picked up just before it went to voice mail.

"Hello..." Alain drawled.

"Well, don't you just sound like a ray of sunshine?" Hearing the voice he had been craving to hear all week long, Alain sat up in his seat and clutched his phone tighter.

"Roman?" He called putting and Roman hummed.

"Who else would be calling you at this time? Were you expecting someone else?" Roman said and though he was being playful, it had gone undetected by Alain.

"No! Never!" Alain said quickly and Roman chuckled.

"Good. I won't keep you long since it's late but I just wanted to check in on you" Roman said.

"I don't care if it's late...I want to talk to you" Alain said. Hearing Roman's voice was like bliss as he listened to the older man give a deep hum.

"Mm, but you have work in the morning don't you? You can't be tired at work" Roman reasoned.

"Don't care. How is the vacation?" Alain said and Roman gave a weary sigh when realizing Alain won't be taking 'no' for an answer.

"It's fine, everyone is doing their best to get along so it's been pretty peaceful. How is work?" The moment Roman asked that question, a sour taste was immediately placed in Alain's mouth when thinking about Ian's comment earlier.

"Annoying" Alain said and Roman raised an eyebrow even though Alain couldn't see it.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Roman asked. The last thing Alain wanted to talk about was that asshole so he quickly changed the topic so that Roman wouldn't try to ask him again.

"No, it's fine. People just get on my nerves at times...hey, what are you wearing right now?"

"W-What am I wearing...? What does that have to do with anything?"

"I haven't seen you in forever and to be honest, I'm a little pent up"

"...but over the phone...?"

"You've never done phone sex before?"

"Don't make me hang up on you."