Dates and Spying

James's POV

I watch as Cody's face goes from beat red to deathly pale in second. I bite my lip warily, worried I may have accidentally killed my Mate with his own embarrassment. I step foreword to apologize and the next thing I know, his eyes are rolling to the back of his head and his knees buckle. He fucking fainted. Fuck me.

Those still in the hallway gasp, a couple even reaching out to grab him, but my arms wrap securely around his waist before he even has the opportunity to fall. I sink down to the floor, embarrassment coursing through me.

'Haha you made him faint. I would too if I had to look at you.' Sloan snickers in my head, ever the fucking comedian.

'You're in my body, dummy, so what does that make you?' I shoot back, leaning against the lockers so Cody has somewhere to lean on.

'Difference is, I'm only borrowing the body. I'm a fucking goddess, Jamie. Put some respect on me, baby.' I roll my eyes at his cockiness but quickly forget it when Cody begin shifting slowly and his eyes start fluttering.

It only takes a moment for his eyes to open, but when they do they shut back immediately after seeing my face above him. I hold in the chuckle that tickles my chest at the hard blush that shoots across his face.

"I'm dreaming, right?" He asks shyly. As if any other answer of possibility would lead to him dying of embarrassment. And after all that I've seen and noticed about him, I don't think it would be much of an exaggeration.

"No, not a dream." I promise him, though it's not much of an assurance. He instantly scrambles away from me, going to stand up quickly clearly embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry." He presses, voice squeaking to show just how uncomfortable he is in my presence. "I keep embarrassing myself around you." He mumbles shyly, his head lowering in shame. I shake my head as I get up slowly, bending down to pick up my bag from off the floor below me.

"No, I shouldn't have asked. I hadn't meant to make you uncomfortable, Cody. I'll see you around, okay?" I assure him, and though it kills me, I turn on my heel and make my way down the hallway, my smile falling flat on me face as soon as he can't see it anymore.

Much to my surprise, I hear quick footsteps come after me, small feet pattering on the titles floor. I can't help the twitch of my lip that comes when I hear him stumble a couple feet behind me. Simply adorable.

"Wait!" He calls out, though his shyness prevents him from speaking loudly, it's loud enough for me to stop in my tracks and turn towards him.

"What's wrong, Cody?" I ask, worried I might have said or did something wrong again. But his fluttering smile has my worries sputtering out slowly.

"I, uh, I mean, the offer is it, can I..." He stutters out a question that I can't really make out. His hesitation to meet my eyes making me and Sloan coo at him sweetly inside. My encouraging smile finally reaches him when he looks up for a second, meeting my eyes. It has him taking a deep calming breath before he mumbles a sentence so fast, I barely catch it. "Is the offer to go out still on the table?"

I blink stunned at the small beet red bean that just swallowed his fear and natural submission to ask me to go out with him. Well see if my offer to take him out still stands, same difference I believe.

He takes my silence as disapproval towards him and it has him back tracking unnecessarily. "I mean if not, I-I understand. I can leave n-now. I'm sorry." Before he can leave me high and dry I step in front of him the smile on my lips threatening to crack my face in half. His eyes slightly glaze over when he see it and it has me puffing out my chest, to know he likes what he sees.

"Of course the offer still stands, little one. If you're sure." My body is practically vibrating at the thought of having him so close to me for any period of time.

"How else would I make up my embarrassment?" He asks, coming up beside me slowly. Though that's not exactly the answer I wanted or needed to hear, I'm happy all the same he decided to say yes.

Once he is beside me, I begin walking again towards the exit. I see him watching my walk as we continue down the hall and I can't help the jerk of my dick against the strain of my jeans at the sight of him admiring me.

I quickly strike up a conversation with him, trying to distract myself from his soft curly hair, his creamy caramel complexion, and his pink pouty lips that are sending me in a trance at the moment. I shake my head trying to clear it, though it only makes me dizzy, sadly.

"How's classes going?" I ask stupidly. What the fuck am I doing? I'm trying to get him to love me and I'm talking about school?

"It's going good. My Health class is giving me a hard time, though. They think it's cute when I panic, I just think they're rude." He mumbles, a furious blush touching his cheeks sweetly at the idea of discussing his body to anyone. His arms wrap securely around himself.

"No one knows how to respect personal boundaries anymore. Trust me, I would know." I give him a lopsided grin, my cut eyebrow raised. He giggles at me while nodding making me damn near stumble down the steps outside the school. The walk down to the Cafe is uneventful and we talk about the pack, school and mundane things that grab our attention.

Once we reach the Cafe, I hold the door open for Cody, the blush that never really left his cheeks reappearing with a fierce vengeance. I lead him to the counter and we both get hot chocolates both agreeing it's never too hot or cold for the delicious hot beverage.

Once we both have our drinks, we sit down in the back corner and people watch. We play a game called, Guess Who? The game is simple, you see someone and try to guess their life, there no winner but the most interesting stories are always entertaining.

"That girl right there. She's a Vampire coming back from her Slip, she's grabbing a coffee with chocolate chips for her best friend and a black coffee for her. Her favorite color is Tulips and she likes punk rock." Cody says giggling away at the expressions I send him. It's good to see him with his walls down, his hands fluttering about as we play. I know my long strong body trained to be an Alpha always gets me looks of fear and respect. But I'm one of the softest people I know, but many are too prejudice to see behind the Alpha aura and power my eyes hold.

As I go to answer him with my own counter story, a familiar smell of jasmine and honey reaches my nose and I immediately want to die. Right then and there, the how doesn't matter it's only the when that's important.

"James!" Jessica's squeal of excitement has me wanted to punch someone in the face...or speed up my death date. I'm not entirely sure which option I prefer at the moment.

     "I'm busy Jessica." I say, keeping my eyes on Cody who's earlier happiness has deflated entirely.

     "I think I'll go home now, thanks for letting me make it up to you. I wouldn't want to ruin your date." He says solemnly and before I can stop him, he's walking out of the Cafe doors. I stand to follow him, wanting to tell him that I don't care about Jessica and that we are not dating, but Jessica's small frame interrupts my steps. My Goddess, if I didn't have the self control I did, the smug little flat chested bitch would've ended up on the ground clutching her cheek.

     'Let me at the bitch, females can catch my acrylics, too.' Sloan huffs. His response almost makes my lips twitch in amusement. Almost.

     "Now that we're alone, maybe we can talk, James." Jessica says. And the way she says it so sweet and innocently has me moving around her hurriedly, because the more time I spend with her, the more my hand twitches to mark her in a way she won't like.

~~~~~~
#FuckJessica2020

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: How tall are you?