Memories and Endings

Cody's POV

When I wake up in the middle of the night it's three AM and I let myself get out of bed and pull on James' slippers that are on the floor. The night is coming to an end and for others the day is only beginning. But to me, this secret pocket of time in the middle of the night is perfect for thinking and just being who you are.

No one judges you for what you look like or how you sound or your insecurities or doubts or anything else that makes you different from other people.

At three AM if you're awake is a judgment free zone even from yourself.

Three is where you feel your most productive or your most lazy. Where you lay around and watch Netflix all night or rearrange your room because you feel like it. It's when you read your favorite stories and your serotonin levels go high or you cry yourself to sleep only to wake up in the morning from the best sleep ever.

I remember so long ago when I didn't know anything and was scared of everything.

And now things don't change overnight but if you believe in yourself and you let others take care of you you'll be amazed to find out just how much you can blossom.

I make my way downstairs quietly, padding my way into the kitchen with my nightly routine. I allow myself to grab my favorite tea and cup down for the cabinet above me. I pull the kettle from underneath the cabinet and fill it with water before placing it on the stove.

As my water boils, I think back to the first time I met the love of my life. I remember in the beginning how clueless the both of us were when it came to love and acceptance. How both of us had to learn ourselves and teach other about what it means to have love in your life. Now, I won't say that we have it all figured out because sometimes we still fight and fuss. Sometimes I still get anxious when he's away too long. And both of us still have nightmares from our past.

But instead of letting it make us weaker like we had for so long we let it build us up we help build each other up.

I almost jump out of my skin when the kettle starts whistling and giggle to myself quietly before I fill up my cup with the boiling water and lower my teabag in it. I'll quietly grab the sugar and honey and makes my tea the way I love it before putting everything away. Heading towards the living room I grab my favorite novel on the coffee table turning on the light beside the couch and cuddling up in a corner with my mug and book.

Whenever I'm feeling lonely or just want the comfort, I do what I always do when I was little and I swear every time I do I feel my mom sitting across me with her own novel giggling at the words on the pages.

See, love isn't just something that you get from people that are supposed to, like your family or siblings. Love is an objective thing that you can give yourself, that you can receive from strangers or even something that you could help build with someone that you never knew you needed in your life.

So a simple reminder: if a fluster anxious little bean and a traumatized alpha can find a way to build that love between them then there's nothing from stopping you from finding that connection but yourself.

And that's okay.

Sometimes love is something that has to wait until you're ready. And even when you are, sometimes you don't know, but trust me when I say that love will find you.

I open my book and chuckle at the name of the book as I always do.

Unattainable.

Because that's exactly what we were. Both James and I were wandering through life with blindfolds in until one day our Moon Goddess snatched them off. Between anxiety attacks and ex girlfriends and adventures on the side, suddenly, things that seemed so Unattainable before, were suddenly in reach.

✨The End ✨

~~~~~~~~~~
And just like that, the OG3 is done. I love this book but I didn't cry at the end like I normally do. But I have a smirk in my face and warmth in my chest and I love it. I love this book.

I almost gave up and trashed it a few times but I'm glad i didn't.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: How was this book for you?