Pictures and Announcements

Cody's POV

     I feel my dick throbbing in my pants but I ignore it as James takes the folder from my hand. I know I should just let it go and continue with my sexy time with my lover, but there's this nagging feeling over my shoulder that's telling me I need to open it.

      'This is getting out of hand.' Jessie grumbles and I raise my brow at him.

      'We haven't even opened it yet.' I tell him, my heart still racing but for a completely different reason. I'm terrified of what could be in that folder, knowing that each time I don't listen to this Anonymous person, the threats get worse and worse and I don't know how much more worse I can handle.

      'Breathe. We'll be okay.' Jessie tried to assure me, but my heart and mind are racing too fast to listen. I know I could ask him to come forward and take care of this, but I don't want to always be dependent on someone else taking care of the hard things for me. If I'm going to be Luna, a better one than Grace, then I need to be strong and confident, not whimpy and scared.

     I watch with my breath stalling as James opens the folder with an upset expression, likely not happy with the interruption. He looks down at the contents and his whole body freezes. I look at him curiously, my head tilting as I feel the bed begin to shake and I watch with wide eyes as James' eyes snap back from green to black and back again, his lip curling in a vicious snarl that has me flinching away.

      'He's about to shift. You have to calm him down Cody!' Jess tells me and sure enough, I watch as his teeth get longer and his body struggles with holding his human form together while his anger and mix of emotions pushes for his wolf to come out and take control.

     My throat closes in mild fear as I begin to whine, getting on my knees to crawl over to kneel in front of my Mate. His eyes are locked on to space, looking right through me as growls poor from his throat.

     I shake him and call his name, getting in his face and all but the only thing he does is shake and growl, his body slowly turning to a wolf, a dangerous concept in a house full of fragile things.  I don't know what to do, until I remember the old wives tale that my mom used to always tell me. 'True loves kiss can calm any raging heart, and tortured soul, any broken bond.' Hoping my mom was as right now as she always is, with fearful tears beginning to leak down my face, I take a deep breath before I grasp my livers face and lean in in a kiss.

      My lips connect with James' and I shiver in delight and apprehension when I feel his teeth graze against my lips. As first his mouth his still but as I begin to peck and kiss his lips, they slowly thaw out until they begin to move against mine, hesitantly at first, until I'm once again caught between his body and the bed. The kiss rages on for hours it seems before it begins to slow down and James pulls back with a confused and dazed look on his eyes.

"Fuck Cody." He says as his eyes clear and what I see there makes me want so whine and hide away from whatever is in that folder. "We have to call a meeting. This has gone too far." He says and he gets up, pacing on the floor as I see his eyes glaze over and refocus as he begins mind linking to the pack, calling them in for a pack meeting. Letting my morbid curiosity get the best of me, I allow myself to grab the now closed folder and pull it towards me.

'I don't think that's the best idea, Cody.' Jessie tells me, no doubt thinking I'm too sensitive or something and that I can't handle what it is, but I'm tired of being that person.

'I need to know.' I tell him and he keeps silent as I pull it into my lap and take the left flap before I pull it open. And what I see stops my heart.