Breakfast and Anxiety

James' POV

He's mine. Officially mine. I turn my head and look over at the slice of heaven that rests so peacefully beside me. His glasses are askew on his sweet face and his curly brown hair is sticking up wildly. And as crazy as he might look to others, he looks nothing but perfect to me right now.

I stare at the bean next to me for a few more minutes in silence, my sore body grateful for this break in his heat. I can only imagine how hard his body must me aching. It's this thought that convinces me to climb out of bed. I walk to the bathroom before stripping down to nothing and turning on the shower, standing patiently as I wait for the water to get warm.

Once steam starts to fill the bathroom, I slide open the curtain and step in, my muscles thanking me for the steady beat of hot water that falls against them.

I feel Sloan nudge the wall I put up last night and finally let it down, allowing his conscious to speak with mine once more. 'I almost fucked up didn't I?' He asks me sadly and I sigh, knowing this conversation has to happen sooner or later, but hoping it would be later.

'Almost.' I agree but I continue as he groans loudly in embarrassment and disappointment. 'Almost but you're didn't. Everything is fine.' I tell him as I lather my wash cloth with the soap I brought from home, swiping the warm fabric along my chest as I begin to wash myself.

'If you didn't have so much self control..' Sloan starts and I can hear fear in his voice. I shake my head at him and give him what I hope is an encouraging pep talk.

     'We are not on what ifs and possibilities, nothing happened last night that I didn't handle. I know not meeting your Mate is hard. I don't blame you for acting off of instincts last night. And I swear you'll meet his wolf at some point, just be patience and everything will be okay.'

      Though he doesn't answer me verbally, I can finally feel his nerves settle down enough, his anxiety no longer choking him. With an all around feeling of calm and bliss, I complete my shower, humming some songs quietly while I wash the last few days worth of sweat and cum off my body.

     Once I smell like myself again, minus the arousal, I turn off the shower and step out on to the dry mat outside of it, body shivering at the sudden cold.

     'The cold is not doing us any favors.' Sloan mutters as I dry my body and I laugh, nodding my head in agreement, the cold always the enemy of a man.

      After I dry myself off, I walk to the sink and pick up the toothbrush I unpacked when we got first got here, and begin brushing my teeth. Now as much as I love my bean, this is something we just can't agree on. I wet my brush, put the toothpaste on and then wet it again before I begin brushing my teeth like any sane normal person would.

     For some unknown reason, Cody says that there's too many steps and you should just wet the toothbrush put the toothpaste on it and go straight for the teeth. I wonder what it's like to have dry tooth paste. Could never be Sloan and I.

     I chuckle at the random thoughts in my head, and spit out the foam from my mouth, rinsing the toothbrush before putting it up.

     'Oh I guess you can spit after all.' Sloan muses and as much as I would usually get annoyed and start arguing with the snarky wolf, I'm only glad he's back to his normal self. Making sure I put everything away, I wrap my towel securely around my waist, not to hide myself from my Mate but because, something about a blanket and a towel gives so much security even though it can just be ripped off.

      I open the door that leads to the bedroom slowly, not wanting to accidentally wake up my bean that's sleeping so peacefully in a sea of blankets and pillows. I walk to the set of drawers in the room and open the top one, shifting through my clothes for a simple outfit around the house.