Going Rogue

POV: No Name

"It was supposed to die anyways. Do what you want with it." The alpha of my pack told another man and he looked at me in a way that made my stomach turn.

"Omega?" The man asked my alpha.

"Yes, and somehow she made it to seventeen years old. My wife would kill me if I killed it, but you can. Take it, do what you want. Just get it out of my sight." The alpha looked beyond agitated, and by the looks of his intentions, I'm fucked if I don't get out of here.

"I'll be back in about ten minutes to pick it up. I've got a pelt company asking for more fur, so it's just more money in my wallet." The man shrugged and my alpha waved him off.

The alpha removed my locked collar. "Stay!" He put his hand up in my face, just an inch from my snout and I backed up further into the corner. "I don't know why I speak to you. It's not like your dumb ass can understand anything anyways." His foot met my side and I was on the other side of the room.

My wolf nearly gave up right there, but I've got the last bit of energy pushed by fear remaining that I need to save.

I've been trying to escape for days, knowing my place in the pack was no longer needed. I was the alpha's slave, but I spilled his drink on him one time. One time in seventeen years, and now I'm being sold for my coat.

We need to leave.

'I know, but how with the alpha right there?' I looked around as my wolf thought of a way out.

We're small in this form. If we book it between his legs we can make him trip over his own feet and make it to the trees.

'And run into the guards and be killed on sight.'

Would you rather die trying or just give up?

I whimpered. I know my options, and I know my chances are slim with both.

That's what I thought.

Next thing I know my wolf took over and we were making a b-line in between the alpha's legs, making him trip over his own two feet when he tried to bend down and grab me.

So that went to plan at least.

I just let my wolf do the work to give her as much energy as I had, but at the moment, that doesn't look like enough. Two pack guards are running at us. We're so close to the tall grass. We'd be well hidden in those.

Just a few more yards.

My wolf was panting as her small legs did their best to travel as much ground as possible, as quick as possible.

"Get the damn mutt now!" I heard my alpha's voice behind me, and he was not happy.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

My wolf put it into full gear, using the last of our energy as we made it to the tall grass and still hauling ass.

We have to leave the territory. Walking into a different territory right now is the least of our worries.

'I don't know if that's a good idea.' I whimpered.

Just be quiet and stay calm. I need your energy.

I did as told as my wolf exited our now old pack's territory, and just like that, I'm a rouge. A rouge omega. Yeah, my chances are slim. I know.

———————————————————————

'It's been four days and all we've eaten are a few berries, and a bug or two, and that was disgusting. No water. You have horrific instincts. I could do better than this.' I groaned at my wolf as she walked her, probably, two hundredth mile.