Chapter 12: Marielle Lennox

After the zoo, we head back to the clubhouse since I haven't seen Peyton and Lexie in a while and I need to talk to them about what is happening with Hunter and I. I really can't believe this is happening, it still hasn't computed in my brain that Hunter is mine, at least I think he is.

When we get there it's loud, everyone has come back from runs and they've all gathered in the lounge. I immediately spot Lexie and Peyton, they're both sat on their men and laughing so hard they're crying. "Mari, thank God, you're here! Guess what!" Lexie gets up and grabs my arms, swinging them excitedly.

"You, me and Sav have been invited to Lucia's birthday and we get to dress up in ballgowns and everything!" I look over at Peyton. She's not normally one to like dressing up but since it's Lucia's birthday, I'm not surprised she's going. It's going to be massive, the last one I went to was in their mansion, in their ballroom, with gold and red everywhere and a ten layered cake and a free bar.

"When are we getting dresses?"

"Lucia has booked up some posh dress store, we're not paying for anything. Don't you just love having rich friends?" Peyton lifts her beer bottle towards me before guzzling half of it.

"You are my rich friend."

"Touché. Anyway, she's booked it for this evening. She says if we're not there by six she will send her army after me. Matías is such an enabler."

-------

"Are you sure you're okay to look after her?" I ask Hunter for the third time, not liking the idea of dropping my child on my boyfriend. Is he my boyfriend? This whole relationship thing is confusing.

"Go and have fun, I'm sure I can keep her entertained until she goes to sleep." I open my mouth to protest but he kisses me to shut me up, I hear Lexie squeal and hit Peyton a few times. I know it's Peyton she hits because Peyton does not sound happy about it.

"Would you chill out, child? Damn."

"Go on." He whispers after he's pulled away, he jerks his head with a soft smile and I do as I'm told. As soon as we're in the car, Lexie squeals and turns around in the front seat that she called dibs on. I thought that was rude and tried to overturn her ruling but she pulled rank on me.

"I'm sorry, when did this happen?" She demands as Peyton changes gear and shoves Lexie's leg out of the way.

"Uh, well, he came to mine really early in the morning and he was sobering up and we kissed. Then I made him an emergency contact for Gemma and then he came with us to the zoo and he just kisses me. We just haven't said whether or not we're in a relationship."

"Aww that's cute, you think you're not in a relationship. Reign and I didn't even say if we were together or not, we just moved in together and got married. That's just how bikers work, babe."

"I can confirm that, Bear and I didn't really discuss what we were until he gave me my cut. They feel more than they explain and I think it's sweet. Hunter loves that little girl of yours so much and he looks over you both all the time."

"You should've heard him while you guys hadn't spoken in those two months. Good Lord, he would not leave me alone. Do they have everything they need? Are they okay? Do they need any help? Have you heard from Mari? Should I go see them? Blah, blah, blah. It was adorable." Peyton pulls a weird face as she explains.

"He stared at his phone all the time, I swear trying to get him to talk to us or even get him to come out with us was impossible. He's smitten." Lexie continues, I smile softly, knowing I'm blushing. I'm smitten too. "You're so far gone, Mari. You're never getting out of this now. I smell a property cut!" The squeals return as Lexie bounces in her seat.

"Get out of my car." Peyton's voice is monotone and Lexie's surprise makes me laugh, "We're here, knobhead. I'm not throwing you out in the middle of a highway."

"Oh." We get out of the car and as Lexie speeds in Peyton grabs my arm gently. When I turn around, I can see tears in her eyes.

"I'm happy for you, you know, that right? After everything, we're okay. Who'd've thought, huh?"

"I love you, Peyton." She sweeps me into a hug and I can hear her sniffle softly.

"I love you, too. Now come on, let's go spend Lucia's money." We get inside and my jaw drops. It is gorgeous in here with sheer curtains that give it a dreamy vibe, free champagne and dresses that look more expensive than my car. I mean there are macarons and finger sandwiches as well, along with a large number of bulky guys in suits which I assume are for protection.

"There you are! I have chosen golden silk for Marielle. Her skin tone is just too perfect to pass up." Lucia's strong accent is endearing and it's really pretty, I take the dress from her and ogle as the soft fabric falls through my fingers. "For you, darling Lexie, light green with sparkle as you wanted because of your strawberry hair. And you, my little vixen, black and sheer with lots of flowers and a flowing skirt for your weapons."

We each head into our own changing rooms and I gasp softly when the dress settles. It's soft against my skin and emphasises all of my curves and makes my skin glow in a way I didn't think was possible. It's got spaghetti straps and tight bodice but the skirt is flowing and kisses my legs as I walk back out to greet my friends.

They look gorgeous.

I mean Lexie's dress is tight and fits her form perfectly and the dress shimmers as she moves, the massive smile on her face just shows that she loves it. Lucia is wearing red lace with an almost sheer bodice and flowing skirt that is decorated with velvet flowers and of course she has a golden crown on to emphasise her title.

Peyton's dress his long and has a train, the flowers are green and red with a few small blue ones and the bodice is also quite sheer giving the upper half of the dress a corset look. It's also got thin straps like mine and she has been given a silver tiara decorated with carved flowers.

We are an extra looking bunch and I am here for it.