Chapter 13: Julian Atlas

It's been a week since the girls went dress shopping and tonight is Lucia's birthday ball. All three women tried to bring us along but ultimately failed. Matías, for one, did not want a bunch of bikers to ruin his wife's birthday and two, Lucia wanted it to be an all women affair.

So, we have been stranded at the clubhouse with Gem and the rest of the club. The gun runs have been going well and our beef with the Fire Demons hasn't kicked up much of a fuss recently, even the new coppers have backed off slightly. Romeo says they're still trying to hack our systems but with Saviour and him bulking up firewalls they have no chance. Peace time means that all of our men are back at the clubhouse, excluding our honorary members Doc and Tatts, so Gem is loving being fussed over by everyone.

The girls are currently in Lexie's room for 'finishing touches' whatever the hell that is. I assume it's something to do with makeup and dresses and death trap shoes. Still, Lexie has been very excitable this last week, claiming she's never had the opportunity to properly dress up in ballgowns and everything.

Bear tried to remind her of her wedding, apparently that didn't count so we're all really confused as to what this party includes. I know Mari said something about a massive mansion, a free bar and a cake big enough to feed an army but I didn't think it was that important to any of them. I mean except for Saviour, her and Lucia have been friends for a long time but the other two are just in it for the ride.

It takes them an hour. An entire hour to do finishing touches. Saviour appears first and she looks mighty pissed off but absolutely stunning. Her dress is black with flowers on it, her hair is curly with an actual crown on. "You okay, baby?" Reign asks, looking amused while comfortably resting back on the couch, beer in hand.

"I'm not allowed to wear my jacket." She whines and goes to sit down, that is until Lexie grabs her arm and stops her.

"Don't ruin the look!"

"I can't even kiss my husband?"

"No." If possible, Saviour gets more pissed off. "Yes, I know, I'm lucky you're not armed." Lexie brushes off her green dress and tidies her hair that's been tied in a tight bun. Lexie has a more subtle, fairy like pretty with her big smile and pink cheeks. Hence why Bear looks lovestruck as he caresses her hand gently, without taking his eyes off of her.

I wait patiently for Mari to come downstairs and I am certainly not disappointed. Her dark skin is perfectly complemented by the liquid gold that hugs her. She looks absolutely edible and I check to see that I'm not drooling over the floor. Her afro has disappeared and has been replaced by long black curls that kiss her cheeks and rest at her mid-back.

She looks absolutely breath-taking.

She steps closer to me with curious eyes and she's closer to my height now with the heels on. Her leg slips out through the slit in the dress and I almost drop-dead right there. Smooth and soft and would feel mighty fine wrapped around my waist as I... Snap out of it Hunter. Compliment her, you fucking idiot.

"You look incredible." I touch her waist softly only to be smacked away by Lexie and her constant policing. "What are you doing?" I ask Lex, pissed that she's stopping me from touching my woman, I watch as the anger multiplies in her eyes.

"Same rules apply for you two as it does for the rest of us." Lexie scolds and Mari, obviously in protest, wraps herself around my left arm and faces down the Queen. "Fine, one kiss and that's it."

"Oh, thank God!" Saviour cheers and basically falls into Reign's lap. Lexie's going to have fun trying to get her to leave. The amount of arguments Runner has had trying to get Saviour to go and hang out with him while she's sat in Reign's lap hardly even listening. She's banned from sitting in his lap while in Church as well because she just doesn't pay attention.

"Shit! I meant a kiss, not sitting in his lap! We'll never leave at this rate." Lexie growls as Saviour gets comfortable just to spite her. Reign is quite happy to go along with it. "We're leaving now. The car is outside."

"Do you have weapons on you?" Bear asks Saviour, knowing that she'll be the one to protect the other two considering Matías' guards are going to be concentrating on Lucia.

"Aye Prez." She takes Lexie's hands and allows herself to be pulled from her husband's lap. "Bye honey." She heads out to the car and Lexie follows, Mari, however, pulls me into the next room away from my brothers.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Without Lexie's supervision, I'm able to wrap my arms around my waist and bring her to my chest as she rests her hands on it.

"Yeah, Gem's asleep in your room by the way. We're coming back here so I can pick her up and take her back with me."

"Or you both could just stay here, I'm sure you'll be back late. I don't want you driving back without me either."

"Okay, I'll come back here after. If she gets fussy-"

"Give her some warm milk and a few apple slices and she'll calm down. She's allergic to seafood, paracetamol and a few anti-allergy pills and she can't sleep without a story and her blanket." Her surprise is evident, but it quickly wipes away as lust takes its place. She wraps her hand around the back of my neck and brings me down to kiss her.

I squeeze her tighter, languidly running my tongue over hers as I pour everything into the kiss. I don't allow her to take control, so I nip punishingly at her lip when she tries. "I'll see you later, baby." I whisper, giving her a soft peck before releasing her, recognising the fact that if she doesn't get to the car in about ten seconds Lexie will storm in here and drag her out.

"Bye." Her soft whisper is tantalising and every part of me just wants to stop her from going and lock the both of us in my room (without Gem) and show her just how much I appreciate her.

Fuck me.