Chapter 30: Marielle Lennox

This whole thing has been rather amusing, Bear makes them shot some whiskey before letting them through and into the lounge. I swing Gem into my arms, laughing as she squeals excitedly. She reaches for Breaker and he looks at me for permission, I gently hand her over knowing I can trust him with her.

I think he's really sweet, I've never heard him say a word and I've heard about what he's like in battle but he's so gentle with my baby and I know he cares. He settles down in the corner with Gem on his lap, she happily chats away to him knowing that he won't interrupt and he watches her with fond eyes.

I can't wait for him to find a woman of his own to spoil and maybe even a few little babies for him to fawn over, it's what he deserves. Just like the rest of the men in here. I squeal as I'm tugged into Jules' lap, laughing as I land comfortably on the cushions just beside him with my legs in his lap. "We need to discuss our next attack." Bear starts, he's sat in his armchair with Lexie on the arm of it.

"I have a feeling they may be coming to us, boss." Romeo says as he continues typing away on his computer, "He just burned down another one of our fake houses. I didn't realise he was that gullible to be honest."

"If he doesn't even know where we are, how can he launch an attack?" Mac is stood up with his whiskey glass in his hand, he's pacing behind the couch with tension between his shoulders. I want to know what happened with his Old Lady, Jules told me he had one at one point, but she left him, leaving her cut on their bed and took off.

Bitch.

"He's probably trying to cut us off from our supplies, idiot doesn't even know that we have pacts with the Russians, Italians and Mexicans." Romeo laughs gleefully as he sips at his beer. He loves winning, losing throws him into a rage. One time I was cooking in the kitchen and he was playing a video game, he lost and got so pissed off that he had to spar with Runner to let off some steam. I wasn't scared though; it was more amusing than anything to be honest.

"The Roadville Straights tried so hard to get alliances with them; how did you get them? They're stubborn bastards." Emmett asks, rolling his beer bottle in his hands as he surveys the room.

"The leader of the Mexicans is my brother, the leader of the Italians shot me and felt real bad about it so offered me a deal of protection and the leader of the Russians owed me a favour and then realised that I was on my own so swore me in." Peyton explains while scrolling on her phone, not even looking up at Emmett who had asked the question. "Romeo, can you pull up the footage from the cameras in the warehouse that you guys attacked?" The projector screen comes down and the projector flickers to life, showing the assault.

Peyton steps up close to it and watches it analytically. "Rewind three frames." I try and see what she's seeing but really all I see is Runner staring at the computer servers with confusion. I didn't realise that they went in with body cams too, I guess it's for this reason though. Reconnaissance or something like that. "Hunter is that coke you were playing with?"

"Oh yeah, Romeo was trying to get Runner to connect to the servers, so I went digging in all the crates. It was either coke or heroin."

"It's not heroin, Slasher doesn't touch it. HR didn't deal either of those though, Slasher runs guns, he hardly had any drugs at the MC. Romeo go back to the beginning." We watch the start of the assault again and I think I spot what she was looking for.

"Wait, is that what I think it is?" I ask her, slipping out of Jules' lap and getting closer. "Surely it couldn't be, that would make things harder."

"Well Slasher isn't as bright as he thinks he is. Think about it, he breaks people out right? The blame wouldn't be on him anymore but then he forgets to clean up after himself. The Fire Demons don't run drugs, HR never stored any so."

"So, the criminals he broke out were at the warehouse not his MC members, they're still at full capacity. Meaning he's brought his men back to one place, his warehouses are unprotected." I continue from her train of thought, when you've been around someone like Peyton for so long you learn the tricks of the trade. "Wait, Romeo, play the feed... Pause! Look, that's a receipt of building purchases, he's been buying up property under the name... can you read that?"

"Yeah, the fucker is using my name. That's why he wanted mum and I to join him, if this goes well everything is in my name and if everything goes badly it's still on me. What a coward."

"We could use this to our advantage, they're under your name..." I prompt, thinking about what we could do with the information.

"Demolition!" Peyton cheers after a few minutes of silence, "He's keeping shit there, but my name is on the deed, I can knock that down. Romeo quick, can I have the number for the demo company in town? Oof, daddy made a big mistake. Thanks Mari!" She declares before dashing out of the room to make a call.

I'm about to sit back down when Jules tugs me out of the room to the back garden, I give him a funny look before he slams me against the wall and kisses me so hard it bruises. I kiss him back viciously, letting his tongue conquer mine as I press myself to his body and scratch my nails through his hair bringing a groan from him.

It vibrates his chest against me, and it sends shivers across my body. He pulls back with a heavy pant, I look up at him dazed with a little confusion. "That was hot." He states, probably referring to what I was saying in the lounge with Peyton.

"I learned from the best."