Chapter 25: Julian Atlas

"So, you and Marie are meeting Slasher at 'The Circle' in twenty minutes, keep him distracted for as long as possible, we'll move in a few minutes into your meeting." Bear tells Saviour as we've all finished prepping and greeting our new fighters.

Saviour and Marie seem quite chill considering they're about to meet with the man that has threatened them with death, like mother like daughter I suppose. "Let's move out!" Bear calls and I slip Mari off my lap so I can follow my President into battle. I've been waiting for a good fight and now I've finally got one.

I kiss Mari and Gem once more before heading out of the building, my brothers walking beside me to our bikes. We watch Sav and Marie drive off, following along behind and parting at the next intersection. I'm hoping beyond hope that both Runner and Reign have survived this ordeal because if they haven't... I don't even want to think about it to be honest, I doubt it would be good.

We kill the engines to silence our approach, trying to postpose their retaliation considering we're sending in two agents to get our people out as quickly as possible without any shots fired. Then the real fun can begin.

"Get your fucking hands off of me!" We all sigh in relief at Reign's voice, we don't know what's happening to him but I'm just grateful that he's alive.

"You kiss your wife with that mouth," Someone taunts, bad to pull at the wife card with Reign though, "I'm sure I'd be a much better fit for her, fucker her in places you'd never think of."

"You put your filthy hands anywhere near my wife, I will tear you limb from limb."

"I think I'm the one in charge here."

"Don't get too cocky, I will fucking kill you." His voice is sharp with sincere promise, I wouldn't like to see the look on his face because it is likely bone chilling. He is a scary guy especially about Saviour, they're both as bad as each other, forces to be reckoned with.

"Move in, you two." Matías sends in his people and they creep around the building silently, their blades in their hands and their masks covering their faces. I hope this works or this plan will have gone to shit.

They climb in through separate windows and we wait in silence, the tension is palpable and almost suffocating. I look over at everyone who is already loading their guns and grin viciously.

These bastards are fucked.

Three low whistles sound from the back of the house which signifies that both Runner and Reign are alive and armed, the tact team forms up with me bringing up the rear and we all head towards the main doors. Red strung them up when we first got here, and the minor explosion knocks the door in, and bullets starts flying.

Romeo tells us that there are twenty-three assailants and all of them are firing at us. We split into twos and Bear and I land behind a crate, I lean up and take out two of them on the balcony. I hear Reign before I see him, plunging his blade into the back of one guy's head. From his gleeful expression I can only assume it was the guy who was taunting him earlier.

"Welcome back, Reign." Bear greets as he settles behind the crate with us.

"How's my wife, Prez?"

"Yeah, about that. She's currently at dinner with her father..." Bear is very tentative with that news, knowing that it is going to set Reign off.

"Oh, for fucks sake!" He stands up and throws the blade in his hand at one of the closest assailants, grinning evilly as they drop immediately. I creep out from behind the crate and fire incessantly at the bastards that keep running back and forth, dropping two out of the five as the others slip behind the pillars.

Runner sneaks up behind me and I spin around to shoot him, he's able to avoid the bullet and grins at me excitedly. We really shouldn't be enjoying ourselves but we all love a good fight,

Breaker is ripping through people with no qualms, the Russian assassins don't even blink when they're attacked, the Mexicans are silent and swift and the Italians... jeez, what they're up to is mentally scarring.

I creep forward with Runner on my six and fire three shots, hitting between the eyes each time. We turn the corner and come across three servers and a lot of pouches of white powder. "Ooh, this is gonna be fun. Romeo can you connect to these remotely?" I ask through the comm as Runner digs through the rest of the crates.

"How's Runner? Where is he? Is he okay?"

"He's right across from me, digging through the drugs."

"Can you put him on?" I gesture for Runner to come back over and hand him the comm. He looks a little conflicted at the idea, wondering whether it's worth it maybe. It's weird considering they're supposed to be best friends, but I don't have it in me to worry about this as well.

"Hola." Runner's voice is soft as he heads away from me and I decide to leave him to it but watch his six at the same time. I couldn't forgive myself if something happens to him if I had the opportunity to keep him safe. "I do not know how to work these, what do you call them in English? Servidores." (servers).

The rest of the shooting stops and everyone gathers with us. I can see Mac on the phone, and I look at him confused, everyone is on the comm, so I don't know why he needs the phone. "Okay, okay, damn." Mac passes the phone to Reign who takes it without even questioning it.

"Hey baby." His voice is soft with overwhelming relief peppered in it; he's so obviously talking to his wife so we all turn away from him so that they can have their privacy.

"Romeo, no entiendo." (I don't understand) Runner continues, glaring at the glowing boxes with agitation in his eyes. I know he's about ready to pull out his gun and put some bullets in it. "Who understands what he is talking about?" Breaker steps forward and does exactly as Romeo asks without much prompting and we all look at him in surprise. "Gracias."

"Can we leave now?" Reign is frustrated when handing the phone back to Mac and we understand why. He hasn't been home for over a week and he wants to check on his wife and his unborn child.

I want to check on my woman and my child as well, so I follow him out.